Handling last-minute trip changes…and rude embassy employees
Posted: 07 April 2016 06:43 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-04-07

Hello,

I have obtained a short-term stay visa from the embassy of Spain in my home country: “Estados Schengen”, duration of stay 15 days, with the condition of personally reporting to the embassy after returning from my trip. The issue is that although i mentioned initially on my visa application that i was planning to visit Barcelona then France, I stayed in Barcelona first then had last-minute changes and ended up meeting a friend in Germany & spent more time there than in Barcelona.

Yesterday, i went personally to the embassy of Spain to report my return from the trip and was faced with a very rude employee who was enraged after seeing the Frankfurt Airport stamp on my passport. I explained the last-minute changes but he insisted that if i don’t provide proof showing that i stayed in Spain more than i did in Germany, it will hurt my future schengen visa application.

Within your knowledge, what do you think of my situation? Did i do something illegal? Would my future visa application to Spain be hurt or even refused on this basis?
I had no idea about this and i really thought that as long as Spain was my first destination, it would be ok.

Thanks in advance.