Report unlivable conditions? Sewage leaks from flat above. Barcelona.
Posted: 18 December 2016 06:39 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2016-12-18

The flat above mine has a leak in their drainage vents which is impacting my flat very badly. I have spoken to them (Pakistani, very nice) and they say that this is normal in old buildings, the flat above theirs is leaking onto them.
Ths latter is a fact. I have seem the damage, and it is disquieting as there is a great deal of mold in that flat as well as possible dry rot in the beams. The wall may have been compromised.
I meet with the building administration tomorrow, I hope, and will see what he says. The President of the Community says it will be seen to tomorrow, although I do not think the upstairs residents will be there and doubt that a plumber can be reached at that speed. I also suspect that the neighbors will try to avoid the necessary and surely costly repairs to the vent in question.
Does anyone know where or to which department to take this issue. Do the livability certificates cover all dangerous situations or are they just intended to show that there is power on the premises.
Other suggestions requested.

‹‹ Buyer Beware?      gestor in Barcelona ››