Squatter laws?
Posted: 18 December 2016 06:55 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2016-12-18

My building has been invaded for the second time by squatters, who destroyed the front door and flat door in order to gain entrance, have threatened the elderly residents of the building with crow irons (or at least they felt threatened..it’s hard to tell, as I was not there) destroyed the door to the roof in order to create an illegal water hook up and caused flooding to the building due to that act. There is also electricity theft.
The squatters are stoners, leaving the building reeking of pot. At the moment they cannot be evicted although denuncias have been made as the owner of the flat has died without heirs. (It’s a little more complex than that). I will be acquiring title to the property through payment of old debts, as this seems to be the only legal means to eject them. They have also indicated they will leave for a bribe of 2K EU. (not going to happen.)
Any information regarding Barcelona laws regarding squatters or methods to deal with them requested.
While we, the community, plot our eviction and prevention means, I would appreciate any information anyone may have regarding methods of dealing with squatters, dealing with a pretty mellow system of justice and getting anything done. Thoughts on armored doors also very welcome.

Thank you