The wife and I are considering retiring in Spain. We’ve just started poking around, so we have a lot of questions:
1) Is it as awesome as it appears?
2) What is the cost of healthcare?
3) What do US expats do about Medicare when they are eligible?
4) If our investments reside in the US, what are the tax implications, and how do we manage exchange rate risk?
5) How is the cost of living? What could we expect to spend on an annual basis to live comfortably and travel a bit in the rest of the EU, etc?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!