Posted: 11 February 2010 09:41 PM   [ # 46 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2007-07-25
ikarinusa - 11 February 2010 09:31 PM
Fruity - 28 January 2009 04:36 PM

Hola davyjones

We use Skype on our wireless connection (we live in campo Monda), we have Mercury Internet, we moved over from Connecta4 some time ago

A lot of our clients use Skype so it was a necessity for us to have this so we could continue to keep our business costs down 😊

Hope that helps a bit

Simone

Hola,Simone
I live in Guaro.Do you happen to know if Mercury also works here?We have Vodafone,and we have just signed for another 18 months with them and if I want to give them up now,I will probably be penalized,but I am interested in Mercury since I am not totally happy with Vodafone.
I am also looking for a job in the area,preferably part-time 😊.
Thank you !!

Hola

I will find out for you ASAP, we are following each other on Twitter

Can you add your CV to AmbientJobs so they can see what suitable job you can be matched with?

Speak soon

Simone

Signature 

Scoliosis Support Network
Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 12 February 2010 02:36 PM   [ # 47 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-25

Hola

I have spoken with a friend of mine who lives in Guaro and apparently Mercury Wireless is just coming to your town 😊

So you might be in look for changing from Vodafone, I hate them too, bloody useless!

I use Movistar for my Blackberry service and Mercury for my Wireless internet, I am so pleased to be without Telefonica land line and ADSL as that was a small nightmare but we won?t go into that here as there is a thread already running dedicated to Telefonica LOL

If you want any further information from me, then let me know

Simone 😊

Signature 

Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 12 February 2010 02:43 PM   [ # 48 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-02-11

Thank you,Simone !!!!  😊

Posted: 18 February 2010 04:29 PM   [ # 49 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-02-18

Hi,

I previously worked fopr Mercury Internet for 7 years and have now setup my own I.T Company http://www.soltecspain.com installing Wireless Internet on their Infrastructure.
Contact me if you need further information.

Posted: 19 February 2010 12:16 PM   [ # 50 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Have just dropped a line to Soltec to see if they can help.. But.. if anyone has other ideas/contacts that may be able to help us out of our situation…

We live in the Valtocado area (between Mijas Pueblo and Alhaurin el Grande).
We were a customer of Fonetica/Alo for past 3 yrs.  Former have now done a bunk and latter have no local tech support so have
decided to shut down the system.  Leaving over 100 local residents with no phone/internet service!

We have tried most of the ‘known’ local providers, but due to our location, it seems no one, but no one can get us a signal.
We are getting desperate as ALO is about to be cut off in next few days!

People we have tried -
Y Internet, Connecta 4, Mercury. Iberbanda.
(Were thinking of VIP Hotspot - but they have really bad feedback from people who have used them).

‘If’ it is a case of satellite system, does anyone have the technology/back up to do so? 
(Sorry if previous replies have covered info on various systems that are available. Just point me to them and give me an ‘idiots guide! lol!).

Hoping somewhere, somehow, someone can help us!

Posted: 19 February 2010 07:46 PM   [ # 51 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-25

That is awful that you cannot find anyone to help. I know that Mercury are in Guaro but it seems you have tried them, that is terrible they are going to leave you in that situation!

If I had a good suggestion then I would try and help you, we had Telefonica on the coast and are now with Mercury after a disaster with Connecta4, although we do still have their equipment so if anyone wants to buy a Connecta4 aerial, give me a shout, I will never need it, was a waste of money!

😊

Signature 

Online Gaming Jobs

Posted: 23 February 2010 08:58 AM   [ # 52 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Have heard good things about Mercury (they are not the cheapest, but great back up/service)...
Still awaiting a site survey.
ps - they have many agents along the coast. Not sure whether it is best to go direct or use one of them
(will give some feedback if we go ahead with an installation!).

Have been looking into possibility of Satellite system if all else fails.
Tarinam are a branded, well known, respected system - but a whopping Euro 900 to buy and install (you can buy
the kit only for Eu500, but the rest is the installation fee. Anyone willing (and qualified!) to do it for less?

Have been advised to stay away from the Spanish Satellite system as Astra signal rubbish?
Anyone have any experience of this? 
Need to know as much as I can before we go get a loan!

ps will have Alvarion Breeze Access kit for sale (only 2yrs old) when we are cut off in morning! 
Drop me a pm!

SJ

Posted: 23 February 2010 03:12 PM   [ # 53 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

There are many companies supplying Wireless Internet access, but only two I would recommend and one who I would stay well away from.

Also the same is true of many people who advertise the installation of Wireless Internet.

Many of these “agents” will visit you and will show you the connection you will receive but in practice what you actually get is completely different.
Some of them install a system which will “Leech” onto a neighbouring property’s signal, something which is illegal in most countries.
I’ve even heard of some who will install your Internet connection and use this to supply other people in your area without your consent.

Remember you are responsible for what content is viewed / downloaded from your ISP.
If somebody else is downloading illegal material from your connection then it will be you who is held responsible.

Always ask what experience so called “experts” have (Especially on the Costa del Sol)and if necessary ask for references from previous clients.

Contact me for any questions answering even if I cannot provide the service you require I will point you in the right direction.

If you want to read an article I wrote about wifi leeching it can be downloaded from my website.

http://www.soltecspain.com/documents/wifileeching.pdf

Posted: 02 March 2010 01:58 AM   [ # 54 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Hola outside world!
Finally got an OK co, with good conn and am just christening the system.
Have to dash.. so will update all with who/where/how/etc! asap!

Sooo glad we didn;t have to think about moving because of this hiccup!

😊

Posted: 25 March 2010 12:06 PM   [ # 55 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

postscript….

Just to say that Neil of Soltech was of immense help.  Even though he couldn’t provide a service due to our ‘unique’ location, he helped me through the process of getting the right co, right equipment etc - All free, friendly and professional advice.

I would recommend him without any hesitation if you need an installation on the costa del sol.. Llikewise, he is very knowledgeable about most systems inc IT in general.

He gets 10/10 for my vote!

Posted: 19 May 2010 06:22 PM   [ # 56 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-18

I have had a number of enquiries from areas I cannot cover.
As a rule of thumb I cannot provide coverage to the East of Malaga.
I cover all areas from Malaga to Estepona including inland areas i.e Monda, Guaro, Alhourin, Mijas, Valtocado, Coin, Yunquera etc.

Posted: 18 June 2010 06:03 PM   [ # 57 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-06-18

Hello

Has anyone had any dealings with Nerja Solutions and recommend them as a decent provider of wireless broadband or suggest an alternative for Cerro Gordo, Nerja.

Thanks

Genmanic

Posted: 30 December 2010 08:09 PM   [ # 58 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2010-11-08
DanielTodaro - 30 December 2010 02:02 PM

Wireless network refers to any type of computer network that is wireless, and is often associated with a telecommunications network interconnections between nodes is performed without the use of a wires.

Daniel!

Go play with your crayons - off you go…

Posted: 18 July 2011 06:28 AM   [ # 59 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
costasat - 17 July 2011 08:13 PM

Now you can get fast internet anywhere in europe using the latest internet by satellite from 30 month for 6mb 45e 8mb 60e 10mb inclusive,
with upload speed 4mb no landline needed and skype friendly. so if you are fed up with slow internet call us now. 0034 628008465 installing from valencia to murcia and inland areas.visit for lots of info.

Wow, how can it be skype friendly without a landline? How do you get latency so low?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 19 July 2011 12:34 AM   [ # 60 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

costasat what sat are that on ?

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 > 
4 of 6