Cheap phone calls….some even free!
Posted: 12 September 2006 12:28 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-08-27

Figured I would finally contribute some info instead of just asking everyone for it. 

If you have internet (preferably broadband) and you want to make phone calls home download skype.  it’s the best.  my husband and i use it to talk to friends and family in the UK, States and Oz.  If the other person has skype too then it is actually free.  It’s like messenger, but you can talk instead.  Just go to http://www.skype.com and follow the download instructions.  You can put credit on your account as well to make phone calls to landlines.  In Spain I think it’s about 25 cents a minute to Spain, but I know it’s only 2 cents to a lot of countries.  It’s far better than any phone card I’ve found.  Just thought I’d let you know!

Posted: 26 October 2006 12:27 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-09-22

hi all
I downloaded voip stunt.on Monday, been using it loads since then. Free land line calls to Spain France UK and other countries, calls to mobiles are cheaper too.
You need 10 euro credit and get 3 months free then use your 10 euro credit, top up and get a further 3 months free and so on.
regards
leighton

Posted: 27 October 2006 06:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

That’d be the one at VoipStunt right? Interesting, they must be new. Let me know what you think of the call quality!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 October 2006 02:23 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-09-22

Hi
re voipstunt
Well i have used it from my Office in Wales where we have a server, and the reception was not good. At home its been great, I have phoned in UK, Spain and France, and all good.
Leighton