1 2 > 
1 of 2
Certificate of no criminal record
Posted: 30 September 2007 08:48 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-09-04

I am interested in teaching English in Spain, but I have one problem. I have a misdemeanor on my criminal record and need to know if this will prevent me from obtaining a work visa.

Posted: 08 October 2007 11:39 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-05-31

Don?t worry about this
Normally no spanish employer will ask for your criminal record.

Signature 

felix lopez jordan
spanish lawyer

Posted: 16 January 2008 12:46 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-16
IQF0065 - 30 September 2007 08:48 AM

I am interested in teaching English in Spain, but I have one problem. I have a misdemeanor on my criminal record and need to know if this will prevent me from obtaining a work visa.

You need to apply for a visa.
Unless you are from a visa waiver country, such as an EU country.
Nationals from non-EU countries need a visa to enter Spain, unless there is an existing agreement between Spain and the non EU national’s home country.  Non EU nationals wishing to work in Spain must also obtain a work permit.

Application for a visa should be made to the Spanish consulate in your home country before you leave.  The types of visa you apply for will depend on whether your reason for visiting Spain is tourism, investment or to study.

A transit visa is given to individuals or groups of foreigners passing through Spanish ports/airports without entering Spanish territory.  It also allows foreigners to pass through Spanish territory for a maximum of five days.

Temporary stay visas are issued to foreigners who wish to stay in Spain for up to three months within a six-month time period

Residence permit for non-EU nationals

Non-EU nationals need a residence permit to live in Spain.  After a period of time exceeding 90 days, the non-EU national must obtain either an extension or a residence permit to remain in Spain.

CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION:

1. Four (4) visa application forms fully completed and signed by the applicant at the bottom of the page.
  2. Four (4) recent colour passport sized photographs.
  3. A full national passport with a minimum validity of 120 days and one full blank page to affix the visa.
  4. Photocopies of the whole passport, minus the blank pages.
  5. Photocopy of the page or pages of the passport showing the details of the applicant.
  6. A copy of the “resoluci?n de permiso de trabajo” issued to the prospective employer by the Ministerio de Trabajo y Asuntos Sociales.
  7. A Certificado de Penales or a Police Criminal Records Certificate (original and photocopy) stating that the applicant does not have a criminal record.
    This must be obtained from the country or countries where the applicant has been residing during the past 5 years.
    In some cases legalisation and translation of the document by the relevant authorities may be required.
  8. A health certificate (original and photocopy) issued by a doctor, stating that the applicant does not suffer from any contagious or infectious diseases, mental disorders or drug addiction.

Applicants will be informed in due course if the residence visa application has been approved by the Spanish authorities.

If you are in the USA and have a misdemeanor, you have a couple of options:
a) Apply for a Spanish visa and see if they will give you a visa, because your misdemeanor was unimportant to them.
b) Move to another State in the USA. Then a state wide check will not show your misdemeanor.  On the visa application, Do not mention your criminal record or the state where it occured.  Spain has no way to discover your misdemeanor unless you tell them. And it is not a crime in the USA to fudge your visa application to a foreign country.

However, if they purchase a nationwide background check from a company like BackgroundSearch.com, then they will discover your misdemeanor. However, Governments do not do that. They want you to provide a copy of your background check by a police dept, which is what the list of visa requirements says.

Posted: 16 January 2008 01:26 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-10-11

im in the same situation.. i got a DUI back in 06, i wonder if that will hurt my application process for a visa….

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 16 January 2008 02:24 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

DUI ..... what every your loacl cop say about you ....... Sagargparikh , still in the system for 10 years ..... now that was sore , fines and so on Usa , it not cheap
happen to mate off my but the cops ask me is was ok to drive home , i was steamed ... still drove home

IQF0065 where you from ? and then tell you if you in trouble .... misdemeanor on my criminal record and need to know if this will prevent me from obtaining a work visa.
what was it and thay look you up if your working with kids

Posted: 16 January 2008 03:08 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11

im confused… what are you trying to say? is a DUI going to affect my application for a visa? It is a misdemeanor.

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

Posted: 16 January 2008 04:32 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

just say your DUI is in the system and can been seen , dont think it going to affect you at all , But with homelands in Usa a DUI would effect my going two the Usa are traveling to most places

If you baned in Ireland for 2 years it now travels to Most the Eu area aswell
this going to be law soon points and bans

its the old story off guy get out the uk and heading to places that there was no extradishiones law and could brake the laws ......
it happen

just lot places are tighting up the rules and stop the scamming ha EU are doing it USA did it

last time i travel to Usa asked a bout the old parking tickets all 156 off , then it was the right car but the wrong owner guy befor me LOL

Dont think it going to affect but if working with kids , full time and broken laws think would stop you

Posted: 16 January 2008 04:38 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19
mergo - 08 October 2007 11:39 AM

Don?t worry about this
Normally no spanish employer will ask for your criminal record.

not employer that will ask , but the Spanish consulate that “will ask” , know from few companys there was phone calls made asking about me .... it happens and the net now adays , ha google you own name see what comes up !

Posted: 16 January 2008 05:00 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11

googled myself, didnt find anything. i just want to know if a DUI will get me denied. it is NOT a criminal activity

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

Posted: 16 January 2008 07:16 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

criminal activity in Eu some places are changing the law , if your have one bottle off beer you could be over the limit the cop here in some part off Eu will bag you in the morring time ....

yes you do get a record here in EU but as from Usa to Eu i dont know , think DUI will not get you denied keep me posted what happens

me having my 2 cans off heineken but wont up untill 11 30 am late one to morr

jurdy

Posted: 16 January 2008 07:33 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-11

thanks jurdy - i will keep you posted.

man, these pricks in the states can ya for having 1 beer. its all influenced by madd, who pushes for new legislation and then lobby’s to support that legislation with high funding. money = votes = 1 beer = ” drunk “= dui = $$$$ = your f*ckED!.

can i be in spain already. please.

Signature 

Sagar G. Parikh

Posted: 17 January 2008 04:42 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

and you about to revote them in again lol
the two leagel think that make big money for any gov is Smokes and drink

Posted: 18 July 2009 12:24 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

If Spain removed every national that was caught drunk at the wheel it would be a very quiet place.

At my wedding in 98, 10 guest were pulled, breath tested, over limit, fined and cleared to drive with no further action.

Today still a big problem even with the threat of points and harsh penalties.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 10 April 2010 08:58 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-04-04

I seriously doubt if a DUI will be much of a problem.  Here in the States you are screwed from teaching with one on your record.  I got busted for a drug related offense in 1987 for something that happened in 85 myself and am desperately seeking some informtion regarding gaining residence with a felony on my record.  I only served four and a half months in a federal halfway house and a little over a year following on probation but in the past twenty plus years I haven’t got even a traffic ticket.  I also acquired an MSW and have had a successful career as a social worker, therapist, counselor, consultant, director and administrator for psychiatric and chemical dependency programs.  From what I have read so far on the net is that they only care about the past five years for any crime except for being a pedophile or habitual offender.  I have sent multiple emails to consulates and to embassies with no response whatsoever.  Does anyone have a resource for me?

Posted: 23 April 2016 07:31 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2016-04-21
IQF0065 - 30 September 2007 08:48 AM

Hi IQFOO65: I am eager to know how it went - did you get your visa approved? I have a drink driving criminal record from Australia and am looking to obtain a 1 year Spanish Visa.

Posted: 23 April 2016 07:34 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2016-04-21
sagargparikh - 16 January 2008 01:26 AM

im in the same situation.. i got a DUI back in 06, i wonder if that will hurt my application process for a visa….

Hi Sagargparikh: I am eager to know how it went - did you get your visa approved? I have a drink driving criminal record from Australia and am looking to obtain a 1 year Spanish Visa.

1 2 > 
1 of 2