2 of 3
Is telefonica really that bad?
Posted: 30 December 2008 07:26 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-12-30

Yes I agree there are many bad times but the
service has gotten faster now for repairs often 24h.

saludos,
Montse

http://www.magicalspain.com/

http://www.magicalspain.com/tours/

Signature 

saludos,
Montse - travel planner - tour guide - wine & cheese tasting consultant

see my favorite insider super small group tour of Andalucia
http://www.magicalspain.com/tours/walking_frameset.htm

http://www.magicalspain.com  “USA’s Spain Travel, Tour & Event Gurus since 1998 “

Posted: 22 December 2010 02:19 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-12-22

Yes.

Signature 

La Zagaleta property
long term rentals Marbella

Posted: 26 December 2010 04:28 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-13

Hi, I have recorded my best-forgotten experiences with Telefonica for posterity. In the end I got rid of them - but not without even more stress. I changed to a local company, My Bubble, who are based in the southern Costa Blanca and are much friendlier and more helpful, but I have still had problems. Like being charged 19.50 euros for a call to an 0845 number in the UK! Both stories are on my website if anyone wants to know more!

Signature 

http://www.grumpyoldgran.com

Posted: 07 September 2011 02:42 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-07

Early ast year 2010 I cancelled my telefonica account To save them giving me a hard sales pitch to stay I said I was moving house.
I cancelled for 3 main reasons- 1- I live in spain only from April- November excluding August. and there would be too much hassle in suspending & reconnecting - I had done it before. 2 - I was on Telefonica Radiophone dialup and needed a faster connection which I got through Simyo PAYG- making sure it was all working before dispensing with Telefonica.
3- my friends continuing legal spat with them didnt bode well for me selling the house in the future.
I ensured that in my cancellation I asked for - and got - a reference number for the cancellation . This made no difference to the aggro that resulted in this simple task.! I even used my spanish friend to start the ball rolling with the disconnection path - and she was absolutely amazed at the number of redirects during the process. I gave them a final exit date at which time they were to ensure they removed their gear ( basically a fixed mobile with a sim in it ) as I had a friend who was in a legal tussle with them that include removal of equipment and she advised me to record every conversation from the outset.
Time came for me to go to the uk for some time and the exit date I gave telefonica to remove the gear was a week earlier as I anticipated probs
I was not wrong ! To cut a long story short, I left my keys with spanish friend and she could not get them to come-  or give answers why not - I arrived back 2 moths later ( still no action ) and topped up my bank account with 1000 euros for spending money.  Within 48 hours telefonica robbed my account of 500 Euros. I gave proofs of agro/ final phone bill receipts to the bank and the bank manager sucked the money back from telefonica to my account immediatly as I waited at the counter !!Within 15 mins of the transaction Telefonica attempted to contact me - I refused to answer and went to their Guadix office to complain. Just as I started on the complaint, the local technician phoned me and asked me to meet at the house and he would extract the equipment. He had been on holiday and the order for him to remove it had been sitting in his intray - apparently? I couldnt begin to give the real detail as it would run to pages. So I have one piece of advice for current telefonica customers - If you ever anticipate stopping your account permanently - do it 2 months in advance, get them to remove any equipment- or take it to the shop and get a receipt, log every call you make and at the first instance of a delay be aggressive.
Andalucia - Guadix

Posted: 07 September 2011 03:45 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

also email them , with copy to CMT - Comisi?n del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciones http://www.cmt.es
if i was you get in touch with them , and take your case up

Posted: 10 October 2011 10:05 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-09-21

i’m glad i brought my homing pigeons now

Posted: 17 October 2011 05:11 PM   [ # 22 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-10-17

Hello

Newbie here, Tom, Hi everyone

I have had many problems with Telefonica, but I must say, they are trying to get better in their customer service dept.

I still have my internet with them & get a good speed, but their mobiles were cost me a small fortune.

I recently received an email from BT with their new mobiles deals, so I gave them a call & they sent me 2 sim cards for me & my other half. No phone though. They said that the free phone would be tied into the contract so it wouldnt be free?

Anyway, I pay 8cents per minute to any phone, both mobile & fixed line anywhere in spain & the Uk, plus calls to & from my wife are free. Now I have reduced my monthly charge from ?60 to under ?10.

I am now a happy englishman in sunny spain, that must be a 1st…

All the best everyone

Tom.

Posted: 27 October 2011 01:36 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2011-10-27

I will NEVER use telefonica, movistar again…...

I had a series of incidences with them many years ago that lead me to threatening legal action. In the end Telefonicas own lawyers were so disgusted with the way that our firm was treated that they advised their client to write off the mistaken amounts that they were demanding us to pay and they allowed us to free up our contract in order to go to another firm.

To be honest Vodafone, Orange etc etc are not much different. I could pay someone a full time job to reclaim the monthly anomalies in our phone register for mistaken charges and over prices bills.

I just hope that some day the competition comes to town and starts to offer the consumer a decent service.

I am currently with Vodafone however always looking for a better deal and have refrained from committing to permanency contracts after the initial 12-18 months.

Signature 

Posted: 28 October 2011 05:26 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Indeed. Everyone’s experiences are different.  I’ve been with Movistar since 1996/7 (mobile on contract) and have never had any problem, indeed I find them most reasonable, even though I do quite a bit of “roaming”. 
However, we had a bad experience with Vodafone and I would strongly advise against using them.

Patricia

Posted: 28 December 2011 07:42 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

jmacguire…

One advert is enough.

Your other two posts deleted by admin.

Your IP address decodes to the UK; your posts indicate that you have little if any experience with Telefonica in the long term.

Please refrain from further posts unless you have something meaningful to add. This is a serious forum about matters pertaining to life in Spain, it is not an advertising forum.

fb
Admin

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 29 December 2011 07:17 PM   [ # 26 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19
foxbat - 28 December 2011 07:42 PM

jmacguire…

One advert is enough.

Your other two posts deleted by admin.

Your IP address decodes to the UK; your posts indicate that you have little if any experience with Telefonica in the long term.

Please refrain from further posts unless you have something meaningful to add. This is a serious forum about matters pertaining to life in Spain, it is not an advertising forum.

fb
Admin

well jmacguire… now banned any one up for braking the rules ...... ?

Jurdy

Posted: 10 March 2012 11:18 PM   [ # 27 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-03-10

i was with telfonica service excellent but then they increased by 10 eu in December then another ten in January changed now half the price and works just the same wonder how they keep customers??

Posted: 10 March 2012 11:49 PM   [ # 28 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

telfonica are one biggest telecommunications provider in Europe and Latin America. Operating globally aswell ... its closeds shop there and had two open to outher companys , yes we still have problem with them ... but time it get better

Posted: 11 March 2012 04:41 AM   [ # 29 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-03-10

thing is if they want my custom they will have to follow the market and halve their prices

Posted: 12 April 2012 12:17 AM   [ # 30 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

A - Of course they are!
RHand doesn’t know what left is doing!

Typical scenario…
We moved house recently. After failing to deliver on install in our last home (they totally ignored our official complaints etc), we decided they were the only option due to location (again - no signal for other co’s!)...
They came, they installed and no router - but as we were not due to move for a few weeks (issues with other supplies in house 😉, we didn’t follow it up until it suited us. (But of course we were billed for all this - but a phone call to them yesterday and a ‘heavy complaint’ we got our money back.)
The biggest laugh however (or crying in your milk if you took it seriously).. was that when I first called and asked them to check the ADSL possibilities, I was told outright that it was ‘not possible at this property as it is too far from the exchange/there is not a strong enough signal etc.’  Knowing how useless they are, I knocked on a few doors of new neighbours and confirmed they all had ADSL… So went ahead with my request for phone line install. (You have to commit to a 12 months contract, and pay for the full year if you cancel before - so not a light decision!)... Immediately this was done, their sales dept was calling me night and day to sign me up for ADSL!!!  So it was now possible after all?>?

Long and short - we took a ‘risk’ as we knew how bad they were.  They delayed on sending the router (which suited us).. Had to chase it - and finally we are up and running.

But oh what a lovely example of Movistar/Telefonica not knowing how to run a business!

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3