1 of 2
INFORMATION FOR THOSE WANTING SKY TV in Spain / Europe / Worldwide
Posted: 23 October 2006 08:56 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-10-23

Hi all,

this is my first post… I see it can be difficult for people living in Spain to get good satellite reception.

But now technology has moved on, and it’s possible for you to make use of the internet to view sky on a pc, or on a tv anywhere in the world.

All you need is a friend or relative who will agree to get Sky, or Sky Multiroom if they already have Sky and a decent broadband internet connection.

Next you need a Slingbox or Sony LocationFreeTV

Then using a Slingbox or Sony’s LocationFree TV you can run the Sky signal through the internet and watch it anywhere in the world that you can get broadband internet coverage.

As for watching it on tv instead of your pc, you just need a decent graphics card in your pc or laptop so you can feed the video and audio from your laptop to your television.

That is how I’m doing it here in Luxembourg - I just pay my dad for the extra broadband service, and SKY Multiroom, and I am watching SKY on my TV (via my laptop) here in Lux with no satellite dish…

I can even tell the sky+ box in my dad’s spare room what channel I want to watch, and get it to record for me 😊

Posted: 25 October 2006 01:53 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey PWL,

Yeah, I was checking out Slingbox recently and want one. Badly. It looks very good for picking up those NHL games that don’t get broadcast here (aka, all NHL games :()

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 02 November 2006 02:06 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-09-04

Hi Techman,

The way tey do it is through Canal+ via Spanish Digital, you can then get a chpoice of matches to select, in English as well, and ewatch lots more prmeirship games than what are shown back in the UK Not only that but you get football from Germany, Holland, France, Spain of Course and many more countries, i have just had Spanish Sky instaled instead of mormal sky and i can watch al the fotball i want for less than sky tv, the only thing is many of the normal channels are in Spanish, but thats helping me learn the language as well!

Posted: 13 May 2007 09:40 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

You mean 1 Mb connection, right? And it’s called SlingBox, not Slinbox.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 22 May 2007 07:52 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2006-02-09
SFS - 22 May 2007 02:32 PM

See http://www.setanta.com and Yes, you can get Sky TV in Spain.

Looks like it’s only for sports. That’s less interesting.

It also doesn’t support my Mac’s Firefox browser - any idea why? Mac and Win Firefoxes are 99.9% clones.

Signature 

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Facebook for updates, advice, news, and highlights.

1 2 > 
1 of 2