Crackdown on sky TV Systems out side UK(Spain)
Posted: 07 May 2008 11:39 PM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Sky have been working with outher tv companys across Eu to stop relay off there Sky subscription channels been The channels they have no legal right to broadcast unless it in the UK , Ireland
sky have steped up there campain againest tv relaying there channels with out there legal right , aswell as bars in Spain (watch out )

Only Canal+ legal right to broadcast in Spain , ie football movies and so on via relay systems (with cable companys like Euskaltel Cable)

if you need to get sly back get in touch with mike here on the forum as he is an Satellite Installations, Repairs, Advice, Parts & Service.

English and European TV, for Home, Pubs, Bars, or Commercial use.

Dish-Sharing, Motorised or Multi-sat systems (Non Sky systems).

Small Dish, Large Dish whatever you need for Sky, BBC, ITV, Ch4, Ch5, Sports, Movies, Music and Adult packages.

http://www.solar-sky.com

you going to see the same with out Eu subscription channels doing the same in next few weeks

Posted: 08 May 2008 12:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-05-08

Yes ,most of telemicro went off two days ago, however last night a message come across that they will take no payment for this month while they sort it out. Your note on the crackdown does not sound too good for us,I will wait until the and of may then if nothing has been resolved will ask for a reduction in monthly payments or cancel and get a dish.The other alernative is Superbeam but I dont know much about them.

Signature 

Tommo

Posted: 08 May 2008 03:02 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Yes it seems that SKYs political pressure has paid off - for them!

I had a quick look at the EU website (where everything emanates from) and it looks like their

Television without Frontiers may have something to do with this - any good researchers out there with nothing to do over the next few days of rain ?

Start here:
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/itemlongdetail.cfm?item_id=3430

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 09 May 2008 11:47 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Visit this page for an explanation from one of the installation companies…...

http://www.sonparc.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31855

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 09 May 2008 07:58 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2007-05-18

We are only talking about companys that relay the signal to other people and charge for it illegaly ?

People who pay for Sky actually through Sky or Freeview Sky are not affected then ?

Signature 

Chris
http://www.freeadsspain.com

Posted: 09 May 2008 11:26 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-06-11

It has always been a risk to take out a subscription with a Re-Broadcast company as they were not legally registered, or paying the relevant fees to the entertainmnet provider. Further a lot of the frequencies being used were causing nuisance problems in the locality of the transmitters etc,
The real issue though is money, certain companies have the rights (having paid heavily for them) to broadcast, films and footbal over their own networks, and therefore the retransmissions which were basically being stolen from SKY must have been ahuge revenue issue, particularly for instance in bars in the major tourist areas.
It is therefore only a matter of time,

In terms of people with or considering an owned installation (IE large dish and receiver), you have a right to put up your dish(as yet there is no licencsing or restriction on this in Spain) and set the dish to any satellite you want, and providing you have the right receiver you will receive whatever is broadcast as FTA, free of charge.
The British TV authorities have reduced the signal strengths to an absolute minimum to show that they are meeting the regulations in that they are only allowed to broadcast to the UK (Hence the reason we have big dishes), it is unlikely the UK broadcasters on Astra can reduce the signal anymore without causing reception problems in the UK. (Good news for us).

Sky cannot sell you a SKY package to be used outside the UK, due to very similar reasons to those above (IE broadcasters in the countrys relevant have already paid for hte broadcast rights)

Sky packages and systems will still be available in Spain, as there are various ways around the system, no doubt it will cost more as it is now a sellers market., further SKY have had a huge clampdown in the Uk on the multiple cards on one UK address which was one method of providing cards for EU use.

So basically if you have a suitable dish, a FTA receiver or a SKY box, you should be ok for BBC1, ITV, CH4, and CH5 are rumoured to be going FTA soon also,
IF you want SKY sports or SKY Movies that will be more difficult (read costly). but I suspect will still be done.

Signature 

Mike

Posted: 09 May 2008 11:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Yes you are braking the law when you have sky outside Ireland and Spain that is the Copyright area , you should have a Subscription with Digial+ (canal+) if you in spain , free view is just you getting a bigger dish to reciver it , i can real stop you there are can any one eles , unless you relay it via muilt cables system . I.E. Mmds (A first mixer block converts received MMDS channel frequencies to MMDS frequencies capable of being processed by an MMDS decoder. The MMDS decoder, which includes a crystal controlled reference generator, is located in a benign environment. The reference is supplied to a phase locked loop for controlling a fixed frequency local oscillator that supplies the first mixer. The local oscillator output is also supplied to a second mixer that produces a response signal, of a different frequency, by biphase shift key modulation of said reference that is transmitted back to the transmitting site via the antenna. A squelch circuit precludes transmission of the unmodulated reference.)

few off this system in spain have been brodcasting bbc itv sky subscription channels thought you get bbc itv ch4 and ch5 free , cables and mmds company have to pay a free to relay there singles hotels chains so on ....
that how sky one 2 3 sky news make there momeys
bbc would make about 20 million a year with there tv relayed via cable companys
when you in the bar look at skysports and you know on the right hand side off the tv you see the paint sing , that to tell the sky tv agents that there is a sky commercial packages wich cost a lot off momey to the pub owns . 800 - 2000 euros per month

so the pubs in spain get hit a lot and now with canal+ you could lose all you tv rights to show any sports tv ....

there getting hard with this

but as you own house/casa dont right from a SPANISH no that cut you off

I did few years ago when i lived in Palma De Mallorca and it was cut off with in ten minites ... had to get my Mum to ring them to give out and the story was she didnt know how get in touch and i ring while i was on hoildays ( dont think that works any more so dont try it please ) 

but there is new English tv comapny open in spain for the expats ... yes i posted here few months ago ask what did you whan to see on it thanks for not replying to it

jurdy

have been told the islands are to lose out next ....

o sky have the backing off CANAL+

Posted: 14 May 2008 05:35 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

“As many of will know I install equipment which enables people living in Spain to receive English television programmes. This is my 10th year installing these systems, being fortunate in never having to advertise my services. Whilst this post is not exclusively concerned with ....... it will affect all Owners who receive their programmes from local transmission companies.

As an Authorised installer for Telmicro, I was called to a meeting at their offices this morning and given some very bad news. Basically the Company have been forced to stop transmitting a number of programmes, which for legal reasons I cannot name here, this has happened due to new Spanish Government regulations which came into force in December 2007. covering the re-transmission of television programmes in Spain.

We were given no warning that the removal of these programmes was imminent.

I must stress here that this is not just a Telmicro problem, it applies to ALL companies transmitting these programmes. Do NOT be tempted to change to another Company, you will be at serious risk of losing your money.
Telmicro are legally licensed to transmit television programmes in Spain, and the largest Company of their kind on the Costa Blanca. They are working extremely hard to replace the lost programmes with suitable alternatives over the next few days. Customers will receive their viewing free of charge this month whilst things are being sorted out.

Good advice I think, there is a danger here of being seriously ripped off, some people will use this to just cash in.

this from one off there install that mailed me early on today

only way you going to get real uk tv is via http://www.solar-sky.com are some one you knwo that can supply it

jurdy

Posted: 16 May 2008 04:42 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

thank you to all the forum that have reposted my Posted from 07 May 2008 09:39 PM , i didnt know i would be so indata with phone calls where ever you got my phone no from , but again if you want UK TV , yes a can do it for you no problem but stop ask me abut the mmds system you have and will it have uk tv back again

NO that wont

Spanish T D T ( Freeview )  , free veiw , sky , digial Plus , germany tv yes i can get for you , i have few people that are working hard instailling system
and i do some bigest hotel group in spain so i know what i doing and i sing off all jobs ( not behind a desk rolling in the money)
jurdy

you can look at some work i do , and i work for the big boys ...... in Ireland , Hungray , UK ,  Spain , Sweden and so on

Posted: 12 August 2008 11:52 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

the show over and more to be raided telmirco was shut down with raids off offices and transmitter sites ,  all files computers and staff where round up and ask a lot by police and dept of communication
will that it , get out you freeveiw