Spanis life
Posted: 16 May 2008 10:33 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-05-15

I’m an Indian and have just been offered a job. Its a contract and work location is Madrid. I wanted to know the following;
1. Is there only contractual jobs for foreign nations? Are permanent jobs not available?
2. The safety of foreign nations in Spain.
3. I need to understand the tax structure and calculation.
4. what are the benefits of working in Spain?
5. Is it that foreign nationals are called ex-pats in Spahn.
6. What is the option to purchase property for foreign nationals?
7. What are the contract extension’s options available? Is there a specific visa for contractual jobs for foreign nationals?
8. The difference is the applicable laws for foreign nationals.
9. Is there a concept of dual citizenship?
10. The average cost of living and salary for processionals.

It would be nice if anyone can help me with the above questions.

Posted: 16 May 2008 01:41 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Before you research any further - this based on previous posts - I respectfully suggest you confirm the validity of your offer - many others have apparently been false as part of a scam.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 16 May 2008 10:35 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

when you goolge the page are headding , email address you could fine out more , never hand any money over if you offter a job in foreign location job = wages so why would you be pay money to get a job

jurdy

Posted: 17 May 2008 11:05 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-05-15

Its from Bank of Spain. hence feel that I would be authentic.

Posted: 17 May 2008 11:11 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Vishal,

All of your questions have been either directly addressed through the articles on the main site or indirectly through the forum here. Search around first, then if you have any specific questions you can’t find the answers to please let us know.

Good luck and congrats on the offer.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 19 May 2008 07:34 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

Hi Vishal, I am also Indian (but UK National) and have been living and working in Madrid for almost 3 years now. I’ll try to answer some of your questions:
1. Permanent jobs are available - sometimes a contract job may become permanent after period
2. I have no problems at all and have a circle of great Spanish friends
3. very roughly i bring home about 67% of my gross salary
4. compared to where? I’m here because i like it..
5. yes foreign national tend to call themselves ex-pats when they reside outside of the own country - not just in spain! I was an expat in Germany before
6. nothing stopping you doing that
7.If they employer wants you they should do all the application work for you whether they pay for it or you do it for you to negotiate with them
8. i don’t know what the question is?
9. not sure sorry
10. minimum for professional should be 40-50k euros depends on experience, age and occupation.

Hope this helps let me know if you need any more info…

Ranpal

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com

Posted: 19 May 2008 09:13 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
RG - 19 May 2008 07:34 PM

10. minimum for professional should be 40-50k euros depends on experience, age and occupation.

Hope this helps let me know if you need any more info…

Ranpal

That it i change my job , God some one pay me that amount off money and i be happy

Posted: 20 May 2008 12:08 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2007-12-02

In Madrid you’d struggle to survive on less. Having said that there are LOTS, in fact too many, qualified people who end up doing jobs that give them a net salary of only 1000 per month, there is even a name for them - they are called mileuristas

Signature 

In it for the long haul
http://www.hot-villa.com