visa applications were rejected
Posted: 10 November 2006 08:00 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-11-10

My wife and my 10-year-old daughter and I, have been living in Barcelona Spain for the past 2 months.  We are Americans, and would like to live in Spain for a year.  We have just found out that our visa applications were rejected, we have know idea way.  We are planning to start the appeal process; we understand this to be iffy.
I have heard that if we leave the E.U. for 2 weeks, our 90-day clock restarts is this true?
Are there any other options?

Posted: 12 November 2006 10:53 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

No, you have to leave the EU for 90 days before your clock restarts. You get 6 months/year total, each trip limited to 90 days.

In your situation I’d talk to an immigration lawyer. Now that you’re already here you may have additional difficulties in sorting out the visa situation.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 19 December 2006 02:02 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-03-26

Its no big deal to leave and come back…I’m a english teacher outside of Madrid and I leave for a few weeks and come back and no one cares at all..