Ya.com cancellation problems.
Posted: 16 July 2008 09:15 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-07-19

My internet connection hadn’t worked for weeks. I paid a Spanish speaking computer chap to ‘phone them.
They couldn’t resolve the problem & their technicians stated that the problem was either external or the router itself.
Either way, it was their problem & it would be resolved within 3 days.

4 days later a technician who spoke a little English ‘phoned & we spent 45 minutes trying to re-program the settings, to no avail.
He gave up & said he would report it to a higher level but could not give me a date range of when this would be resolved.
He also stated the the problem stemmed from their end. I asked for an engineer to call & check the router - he hung up!

I went to the bank to cancel the direct debit. I explained that I’m paying 40.54E a month for a service I’m currently not receiving
& under no circumstances was I prepared to continue paying.

Simple? Absolutely not.

The Bank (Sol) appeared to be sympathetic towards Ya.com!
They asked if I’d contacted Ya - difficult without internet. Had I ‘phoned them to inform them I was cancelling their services - they don’t speak English. Had I written to them - there’s no address on any of their documentation.

Due to my insistance Sol bank said they’d put a note on file not to pay this month but that Ya might represent the request using a different Ya account number (which wouldn’t be on record with Sol) & this might go through for the next couple of months.
Not to worry - provided I complain to Sol within 21 days of the transaction(s) I might get a refund.

Sol claimed that as Ya had my passport no. & bank details, they could do this.

This is totally unbelievable & surely cannot be correct.
Ya are bad enough but what sort of system does Sol have if it cannot protect my interests or follow my instructions???????????

Any advice would be very welcome.