Posted: 17 December 2008 01:02 PM  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-12-17

Hello, I was born in Zaragoza, Spain January 20, 1962. My father was in the U.S. Air Force. My family moved back to the U.S. when I was still an infant. I had a birth certificate from Spain and another issued by the U.S. State Dept. My father retired from the USAF in 1968. I have lived in the US since my family left Spain.
My problem is that my birth documents were destroyed in a fire. I have tried for over 2 years to replace them to no avail. I have several official-looking, very expensive documents from the State Dept. certifying that they have no certification of my birth. I have been unsuccessful in trying to navigate Spanish Government website.
Growing up in Arizona, obtaining Social Security card, Driver License, marriage and divorce certificates, paying taxes, I never envisioned that I could be in this predicament. Without a birth certificate, I am unable to prove my citizenship, I cannot obtain a passport- cannot leave the country. I cannot legally work anymore and I am also not able to apply for Social Services or receive health care.
If there is anyone out there that could explain to me the steps I must take to obtain my birth certificate from Spain I would be forever indebted. What started as an annoyance has become a little frightening of late. Any advice or information I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 30 January 2009 12:13 AM  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-08-09

hey ggmontana
It is a great casuality but I work in the same air base now,I was thinking that if you was born here perhaps your parents baptize you in the church which is in the base, It could be posible?
contact with me at
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
If you are still interested in it I could try to find out it.

Posted: 30 January 2009 04:22 PM  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-01-26

You cannot do it online.

You will need to present some sort of documentation stated who you are (passport).

And really all someone would need to do is go to the townhall with a copy of your ID and apply for it. My father had to do it in barcelona. As my uncle lives in barcelona, he simply went to the townhall with a copy of my fathers ID and asked for it.

Hope this help.



Costa del Sol property
Costa del Sol Blog

Posted: 31 January 2009 02:23 PM  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-12-17

OMG!!! Thank you so much! If you could do that for me I would be forever grateful. My birth info is
Birth name- 


it has been pm to you

I do believe I was baptised there. If there is anything else you need from me you can contact me via my E-Mail -      swbullie@yahoo .com.
I can’t thank you enough for the offer of help. You have no idea what a nightmare this has been.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks Again,

‹‹ validation      Rental Law ››