Rental Law
Posted: 17 December 2008 10:27 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-12-17

I’ve been renting an apartment for about 9 months and it is a long term 5 year contract with a ?2000 eval bancario in place, I have paid rent every month but it has been late most months due to when I receive money from my company, I have not defaulted on any of the payments however and always paid as soon as I could, however last month I received a burofax as a result of late payment and being late again this month I have now received a Diputaci?n and a Jutjat through the post.  I am not too sure on where I stand, i can understand eviction based around non-payment but this isn’t the case, also what time frame could I expect if indeed I am evicted and what is the current procedure?  Thanks for your advice

Phil

Posted: 18 December 2008 03:50 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2008-04-01

http://www.enalquiler.com/
This is a link where you maybe can find some answers to your problem. But just consider that in Spain the written law is often not worth the paper which it is written on…..

Posted: 18 December 2008 04:36 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Surely you have broken the agreement or contract by paying late ? why not explan you problem with work , and try to make the date paymnets you have on the contract , this what happens The first step taken is buro fax. have the landloard tried to discuss this with the tenant , take calls or keep scheduled meetings.

week 2 - 3   lawyer and started the legal process. I am told that the first step is for him to present the case to the courts (this for us will only take 1 week but can take a lot longer), they will then ask the tenant to put their side (this step can take 5-6 weeks). We will then be called by the judge to put our case. The courts will then make a judgment (this can take anywhere from 3-? months).

If the courts rule in the landlords favour, the tenant must leave straight away. Costs will have to be paid by the tenant. If they are working then this can be taken at source from their employer.

If the courts favour the tenant then costs must be paid by the landlord and, of course, both sides must carry out the ruling of the court. 9 you stil be asked to move out ,
try to meet the landlord and work someing thing out , tell work whats happen due payment and could meet the date off payment

if that was the bank you be out on the side off the road

‹‹ Help!      Messy Spanish administration ››