American TV available in Spain ?? And NTSC + PAL model LDC/PLAMSA HD’s
Posted: 04 June 2009 08:46 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2009-06-03

Hey all,
        I have been trawling many Expat / Spanish forums for some time on the look out for one thing..
American TV in Spain ??

I think I have researched all the TV / SAT people online and no-one seems to cater for this option.
Obviously I understand about the curvature of the Earth, and that for the most part it is not possible.

However, does anyone know or use a group that allows you to sign in on the Slingbox network / buddies list ?
Or - is there a way to get many U.S channels through some service, apart from the ?few UK versions of the U.S Channels? available Via SKY ?
Money is not an issue as far as ?the full monty? goes, but I would like to get the U.S as well as the U.K Channels..

Finally, I own a lot of U.S Spec electrical items, WII, PS3, MAC Mini etc. I would like to get hold of an HD TV in Europe/Spain that is both NTSC + PAL ready. I have found already a TV Scanner box for about $450 that turns NTSC to PAL and backwards, but would love one of those multi TV’s..I have found such TV’s online, but so far I think I have not in Europe / my Spanish is nada.

I’m sure from reading this forum a bit that someone knows answers to my concerns…  😉
All you inputs are much appreciated
;

DSB.

Posted: 04 June 2009 11:24 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2008-07-07

it is true that you cannot get satellite tv signals from the satellites that carry US channels here in spain….
so find your self a US sling buddy - try a us sling forum maybe?
try one of the “proxy server” sites and get yor TV streamed - (VPNtunnel ?? or google something like “US TV abroad”)
asyou mention, many US programmes are available on European satellite services..Sky D+ etc..

most new TVs are multisystem - ie PAL and NTSC - and you can change these as per your equipment - (although i dont think it is required if connected via HDMI)

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Sky TV in Spain. Costa Banca Satellite TV
Free Business Directory

Posted: 04 June 2009 12:47 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

Thanks so much for the reply..
I have just been looking into the “multisystem” HD TV’s / thanks for the metatag hint btw.

They mention ” Built-in NTSC/PAL/SECAM TV tuners “
Would this apply to my WII, PS3 and Mac Mini U.S Spec, or only to the “TV Tuner” aspect side of things ??

Both MAC & PS3 run HDMI and the WII has the 5 component cables..
I’m looking for a 50/55” in either PLASMA or LCD HD Multisystem with x4 HDMI slots.
I believe that when they come as a “multisystem TV they are also 110/220v 😊  “

Cheers 😉

DSB.

Posted: 05 June 2009 03:37 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-03-18

Now most new models are multi-system (PAL/NTSC and some also SECAM), and most are also multi-voltage running from 100v to 240v.

Posted: 05 June 2009 03:46 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

most usa tv show on spain tv system

Posted: 05 June 2009 10:45 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

All,
    Thanks for the follow throughs !!
-
I have done some searching and found the below TV - UK and Spain WebSites:

http://www.twenga.co.uk/specs-PS63A756-SAMSUNG-Plasma-TV-487274
http://www.electroprecio.com/Plasma-63-Pulgadas-plasma-samsung-ps63a756-p-2105.html

It mentions:

TV Tuner
Analogue TV Tuner   PAL, SECAM

Video Features
HDTV Ready   Built-in
Analogue Video Input Signals   NTSC, PAL, SECAM, NTSC4.43

Would the video “analogue input NTSC” support U.S NTSC HDMI for PS3+MAC + 5pin component (for my WII) ??
Shouldn’t it be “digital” ?

Thanks in Advance;
DSB.

Posted: 05 June 2009 04:43 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-07

most tvs support PAL, SECAM, NTSC

ideally you just need to connect your HDMI devices (DVD / Wii / PS3) to the HDMI connections on the TV, and all should work OK, as i understand the HDMI does not care about the PAL, NTSC formats.

but if you want to not have the HD quality that HDMI gives then you can connect your HDMI devices (DVD / Wii / PS3) to the TV via the SCART socket…scart use PAL, SECAM, NTSC and most TVs these days receognise these.

Would the video ?analogue input NTSC? support U.S NTSC HDMI for PS3+MAC + 5pin component (for my WII) ??
Shouldn?t it be ?digital? ?

confused as to why you would want to connect a PS3 / Wii via analogue and loose the benefits of HD that HDMI gives you.

many not help but food for thought.

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Free Business Directory

Posted: 05 June 2009 05:22 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

Hey Sat&PCGuy;,
                Ok - So you think that TV / Linked will do the job then - OK 😉
-
My PS3 will be HDMI, my MAC Mini is DVI-HDMI.
The WII res max is max 480p =
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-HD-Link-Component-Cable-nintendo/dp/B000LFJN7K

And that cable is the upgraded version that doesn’t come with the Console.

All in all, seems like the 63” plasma mentioned should be kick ass. I have done some more ‘net trawling’ and it seems that others, to include your good self, mention that consoles aren’t bothered with NTSC and PAL - Just TV channels.
-
Finally, whilst I have your valued attention - Could you PM me regarding the full monty sat system, HD, with all channels to include installation of the largest dish, Granda area if you can ??

Thanks Mate.
DSB.

Posted: 05 June 2009 05:36 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-07

some tvs come with 1 2 or 3 HDMI cable connections so if you want to use all 3 devices make sure you get a TV with either 3 dedicated HDMI connections, or some form of HDMI combiner box, or keep plugging and unplugging the devices….

The WII res max is max 480p

if the max resolution of this cable is only 480 is it even worth connecting this via HDMI - maybe just go for the scart / component option? or make sure you have enough HDMI connecitons and do that way instead

unfortunatly i dont cover the granada area, I am based nr Valencia. and i do not know of anyone reliable who does…maybe jurdy can help as “he gets around a bit” and may know someone…

Signature 

The Sat And PC Guy
Free Business Directory

Posted: 05 June 2009 06:08 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-03

The WII connects through the component input - the other items will be HDMI.
WII still looks cool 😊

Hopefully jurdy could PM me re:Sat systems for the Granda area / or others…?

Cheers;
DSB.