Cheap International Calls on your mobile
Posted: 04 June 2009 01:35 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-06-03

I just moved back to Tenerife after living in the US for the past six years and was looking for a cheap way to call the US and UK from my mobile and came across Hits Mobile. I’m now calling the UK for 5.3c a min to landlines and the US for 5.3c a min to any phone. The best thing is international texts which are just 39c, the cheapest i’ve found. I got mine from a place called Direct Telecom. It uses the Vodaphone network and I havnt lost coverage yet, oh and all calls to other hits mobiles are free and only 7c a min to people on other providers.

If anyone has anything cheaper please let me know.

Brittany

Posted: 04 June 2009 02:25 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

why not as skpeMobile n two you phone it free ....

jurdy

Posted: 04 June 2009 03:08 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-06-03

Skype mobile is not available in Spain and is not on its list of countries it will be available on in the future. Also unless the other people I am calling have it it would cost me more than Hits Mobile is doing. It does have free SMS though which would be nice if and when it comes to Spain. Although there are restrictions on it right now.

Posted: 04 June 2009 04:04 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

http://www.voipstunt.com

Awesome free calls for only ?10 every 120 days cannot go wrong!

Posted: 04 June 2009 05:20 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2008-08-06

Lebara Mobile.

In the UK Mobile to US landline is 4p a min. I’m not sure the Lebara Spanish rates… have a look into it

Posted: 04 June 2009 07:07 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-06-03

Checked out Lebara, looks like thay have a good service but still more expensive for me than Hits Mobile, they are 6c to the US and 8C to the UK, not really sure why the UK is more, their SMS is quite a bit cheaper though at 25c instead of 39c. Lebara’s connection fee is 25c though compared to 15c with Hits.

Not really sure how voipstunt helps someone on a mobile, but ok…

Posted: 04 June 2009 07:26 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

DialAbroad Spain’s Euro service offers calls to UK and US for 4 eurocents per minute via regular Spanish landline number or 4.71 eurocents per minute via freefone (800) number.

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 04 June 2009 08:09 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-06-03

This is a post looking for cheap internationals from a cell phone like in Trent’s response. Please don?t post here just to advertise.

http://www.hitmobile.es please post here if you find better rates than these. Direct Telecom also offered me another service for 3.3c to the UK but it has a 35c connection charge and my calls are not that long so I am realy looking for something with low connection charges also.

Posted: 04 June 2009 08:35 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2008-07-30

The rates are cheaper depending on the mobile package you’ve got (i.e. the access number is included in free minutes and, therefore, you can achieve 4 eurocents/minute to UK and US).

On another note, I had a text message from Orange today stating that they are reducing text message sent within Europe to 10.8p/message. Hopefully this cost reductions will be reflected in packages taken out in Spain as well.

Chris

Signature 

Call2Abroad
Cheap international calls from Spanish landlines and mobiles

Posted: 05 June 2009 12:22 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
Bee - 04 June 2009 03:08 PM

Skype mobile is not available in Spain and is not on its list of countries it will be available on in the future. Also unless the other people I am calling have it it would cost me more than Hits Mobile is doing. It does have free SMS though which would be nice if and when it comes to Spain. Although there are restrictions on it right now.

will have on company phones here in spain on Mstar

Posted: 14 July 2009 01:46 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-05-07
MAC31 - 04 June 2009 04:04 PM

http://www.voipstunt.com

Awesome free calls for only ?10 every 120 days cannot go wrong!

I use Voipcheap (same group) I believe based in Germany.They have a Madrid access number in Spain for their network.
If you have a Spanish Landline call package it is possible to dial the access number and then dial the International number required.
It works well with Telefonicas ADSL package.They have an offer on at the moment 10 meg 29.99 with national calls.
It is also possible to use the service directly over the Internet by downloading the application or using an adaptor which gives extra lines.

Posted: 27 August 2009 07:36 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-08-27

I use Manifone to call UK. Works with every operator, its cheap and reliable. You only need to register your number and the destination number, after this you get a local number, which you dial on your own phone to get connected to the desired destination. For e.g. to UK mobile: 0.19 ?/min (around 0.22 including VAT..), landline: 0.03 ?/min (ca 0.036 including VAT).
They have the whole list of rates on http://www.manifone.com
I got free test credits when I registered :coolsmile:

Cheers.

Posted: 07 September 2009 08:10 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2009-02-12

I use Simyo (http://www.simyo.es).  It?s a mobile phone company, the same as Vodafone, Movistar, etc, only much cheaper.  International texts cost 15 cents and calls to most countries cost 30 cents per minute.  National calls are very cheap at 8 cents per minute to any network at any time and texts are 9 cents.  I?ve had it for about a year and a half now and have never had a problem. 

As for internet calls, I use VoipBuster to call the UK and it costs me 1 cent per minute to landlines.  You just top it up when your credit runs out, as you would with a mobile phone.

Posted: 12 February 2010 04:53 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-12

The cheapest company that I have found for sending SMS from Spain to the UK is Yoigo at 8 cents a text. Althought this sounds great and is (when it works) I?m planning to buy myself out of my contract with them. I found out after signing up with them that delivery of text messages is not guaranteed and I could only text people with certain service providers and whilst on holiday recently I couldn?t even connect to different networks in a number of other countries therefore leaving me stranded without mobile coverage. My mobile has also been in for repair 5 times - the problem still exists and Yoigo refuse to change my mobile.DO NOT SIGN UP WITH YOIGO unless you want problems!!!