1 2 > 
1 of 2
question for mr. aritz( renew my tarjeta)
Posted: 25 July 2009 02:25 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-07-18

Hi im abed . thank you for your reply.  I read about the residency forms. I just have one question: when my tarjeta de extranjero expires and I want to renew it will it be enought to show the comisiria de policia a proof that I have university entrance exams in june 2010 and in july i will be applying for university admission knowing that my tarjeta is valid until 14 may 2010?? i mean when i finish my prepartory year for university(bachelor degree) . I need to know what is the reason to tell them why I want to renew my tarjeta…

thank you

Abed

Posted: 25 July 2009 06:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

abed,

you have to apply for renewal before it expires.  the application for renewal extends the validity of the card. in any case, some of the reasons for the renewal will be the number of hours a week and the continuity of the course. the perfect course would be spanish for foreigners offered by the official school of languages, 10 hours a week and the whole course from beginners to advanced lasts three years. passing each level would almost guarantee your place in the next course. you can add another language to assure approval since the minimum hours a week required is 15.

this student card allows you to study anything. so in addition to the above which will be easy for you to pass, you can also enrol and take exams for other courses, university among them.  the entrace exams for university is very difficult, if you do not pass, you still get the student card renewal because you are a student of the official school of languages.

when you come here you must have an official copy (not originals) of your secondary education diploma and records, basic education diploma and records, translated to spanish and authenticated up to the spanish embassy, because you will have to apply for a their recognition as equivalent to secondary graduate and bachillerato diploma to be admitted for enrolment.

Posted: 19 August 2009 03:43 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-08-18

what is tarjeta de extranjero? is it the Permiso de Residencia card?

Posted: 19 August 2009 11:51 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

the tarjeta de extranjero = id card for foreigners

it can be any of the following:

permiso de residencia
permiso de residencia y trabajo
estancia por estudios

Posted: 19 August 2009 03:48 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18
aritz - 19 August 2009 11:51 AM

the tarjeta de extranjero = id card for foreigners

it can be any of the following:

permiso de residencia
permiso de residencia y trabajo
estancia por estudios

Thanks for the clarification. How long does it take to get the id card once I’ve submitted all the requirements?

Posted: 19 August 2009 10:59 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

nylade,
what did you apply for?

Posted: 20 August 2009 12:22 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

permiso de residencia y trabajo.

We are in the process of renewing it. Actually my aunt is working on it since I dont speak the language. According to her I need to wait for a document (TASAS) before we go to policia. How long will it takes to arrive? then how long will it take to process my card?

I found a site too but couldn’t understand the online renewal service. here is the site http://www9.map.es/servicios/servicios_on_line/extranjeria/renovaciones.html

Posted: 20 August 2009 02:07 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

nylade,
renewal for the permiso de residencia y trabajo is applied for two months before it expires.
a renewal document and some documents (tasas) to filled in and paid in the bank are sent to the address on your card,
if you have not received it within the 60 days before expiration you can download them from the site you mentioned and fill it in and go to the police and bank.
and so you still do not speak spanish, note even broken spanish?
my niece started the application in february, she got the card in july. so that means you cannot travel.

Posted: 20 August 2009 02:38 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

i think it is the renewal document and tasas that we are waiting for. I have to check. my card is expiring in few days and im stressing about it :(

can i just download the forms from the site, filled it in then bring it to the policia?

you are so kind to help everyone here.

Posted: 20 August 2009 02:50 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18
nylade13198 - 20 August 2009 02:38 AM

i think it is the renewal document and tasas that we are waiting for. I have to check. my card is expiring in few days and im stressing about it :(

can i just download the forms from the site, filled it in then bring it to the policia?

you are so kind to help everyone here.

i’ve just checked it with my aunt. she said we are waiting for the Resolution Notification from the Immigration office and other documents (tasas-maybe). but my card will expire in few days.

so do i still need to get the forms from the website?

Posted: 20 August 2009 03:57 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

nylade,
you have to renew BEFORE IT expires, the site is in english so i think you understand it very well.
download the forms, fill them in. and prepare the requirements and go to the police,
they will tell you if they need more documents but your application will be received.
you are supposed to be working, so how long has your employer paying your social security contributions?

Posted: 20 August 2009 05:01 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

what forms should i download? there is a link in the website that says “Go to the Online Renewal Service”. i tried to go to that site but it is in spanish.

Posted: 20 August 2009 11:14 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-30

nylade,
of course it is in spanish. did you expect it to be in english?
anyway i went to the site and these are the instructions
https://ssweb.map.es/extranindex/docs/ayuda_presentacion2008.pdf
you can submit it in the ff places some require cita previa
http://www.map.es/ministerio/delegaciones_gobierno/delegaciones/madrid/extranjeria.html
http://www.060.es/guia_del_estado/contactar_con_la_administracion/oficinas_060/informacion_y_registro/common/registro_VU/OI_Madrid.doc
you can download and fill the renewal
http://www.map.es/servicios/servicios_on_line/extranjeria/modelos_oficiales_solicitudes/ex01/document_es/EX01.pdf

Posted: 20 August 2009 05:08 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

i’ve checked on the form from the link you’ve sent me…. I have almost the same kind of form although Solicitud de autorizaci?n de residencia permanente y trabajo. the form asks almost the same information from me. So does it mean that i have already applied for my renewal?

thanks again

Posted: 24 August 2009 06:02 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

hi again

my tarjeta will expire tomorrow and i still haven’t recieved that Resolution from the immigration office/gobierno civil. is there anything i need to do? or should i just keep waiting? any way to follow up or know the status?

thank you

Posted: 14 October 2009 12:42 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

aritz help! do you know that i am still waiting for the document (Resolution Notification). im sure considering the months of waiting that there is something wrong. how do i know the status of my paper? any means to follow up? based in barcelona.

1 2 > 
1 of 2