Selling a Faster Adsl Update and charging for old one too
Posted: 26 December 2009 07:39 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-12-26

Telefonica phoned me a couple years ago and asked if I was interested in a faster Adsl service. It sounded a good deal, but I couldn’t have it on the same line. Luckily we had another line so I agreed to have the faster service on that. Silly me! I assumed they would cancel my original Adsl service since they had sold me an upgraded version. No! A long time later I found I had being paying for both of them despite never using the original, more expensive service. Is that down to me for assuming too much or do I have any recourse. Would appreciate any helpful suggestions. Gracias!

Posted: 12 January 2010 05:37 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-03-18

First check out if it was really telefonica calling or some reseller company (I guess 99% second case). The speed depends on the city/town and distance, has no sense that in one line it works and other doens’t, i think a reseller just made is day! Only solution call and cancel one of them.

In general, don’t trust people calling with offers, first check if they call you really from company and not some reseller that doesn’t care afterwards (Don’t accept hidden numbers or local numers like 9XX).

Regards

Posted: 12 January 2010 05:41 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-12-26

Thanks for the post, but yes, it was Telefonica. The whole problem is that I assumed if they were selling me an updated service, they would have suspended the original slower one!!

Posted: 12 January 2010 05:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-03-18

I don’t think it was telefonica directly, must be a reseller. The only option is cancel one of them.

‹‹ 902 Numbers!      Telefonica hostage ››