1 2 > 
1 of 2
Promises Promises from Jazztel about selling 20MB
Posted: 29 January 2010 07:56 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-01-29

For one week I changed from Telefonica to Jazztel because with Telefonica I had only 2 MB. so Then came Jazztel
with their fantastic offer 20MB for only ? 39.00 euros.  so I said Yes.

After 2 days (after the constract signed) they phoned me to tell me I have only 6MB so I said ok Its more then Telefonica
and cheaper.

Now after a test I have only 2.5 MB and a Upload of not even .05MB.  So People don,t change to Jazztel because you get Sc….

stick with Telefonica.

Posted: 30 January 2010 04:13 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

A case of ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ I’m afraid.

Jazztels website has a provision to enter your existing phone number to check, in advance of placing a contract, just what service they will be able to offer to a specific number.

I tried this and established that a 7mbs sevice was the best they could offer…

But, the simple fact is that Telefonica own the infrastruture and companies like Jazztel simply buy and utilise spare capacity on that infrastruture; it is therefore impossible to offer anything other than the best that T’fonica can provide in a specific area. It follows that by adding to an existing T’fonica switching centre, Jazztel clients are in fact stealing bandwidth from T’fonicas existing clients, particularly in rural areas where the infrastructure is already struggling to cope.

Simply put, in my area, T’fonica has a max capability of 3Mbs so for Jazztel to offer 7Mbs is presumptuous to say the least. In reality, the very best we can hope for is around 1.2Mbs and that only at certain times of the day; when the rest of the village elect to go on-line in the evenings we consider ourselves extremely lucky to get 120Kbs on an actual download…As for uploads, the best anyone can offer is fixed at around 380Kbs over normal DSL lines. A 15-20% reduction in advertised line speeds up and down is to be expected, is normal and is due to line losses between the switching centre and your equipment. This is mentioned on both T’fonica and Jazztel’s websites.

To be honest, if you are getting 2.5Mbs down on a supposed 6Mbs service this would appear to be about par for the course. You could always try suing Jazztel for breach of contract…

So far as Jazztel advertising is concerned…they are advertising the same as Telefonica… 20Mbs may be available in some parts of Madrid or Barcelona but nationally? Not a chance in the foreseeable future. I think it’s called ‘Creative Advertising’ and its about as legal as Creative Accounting…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 30 January 2010 03:00 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-01-29

Thanks for the comment I,am stupid because I knew this actually, but I did not realized it after the damage done.

I,am going to cancel the contract and back to Telefonica.rgds ED

Posted: 02 May 2010 03:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-05-02

Actually, surprisingly, BT own much of the fibre network in Spain and lease it to Telefonica!  Telefonica didn’t have the technology or the money to lay a fibre network 20 years ago.
BT also have been operating in Spain for 20 years but only in the corporate sector. They have over 300 corporate clients including the Spanish Ministry of Defence, Repsol and Bank of Santander.

Now BT is available to you for your home or business.

We offer;

- Bills in English

- Customer Service in English

- British Nationals on the end of the Phone

- No call centres in Peru or India

- BETTER VALUE FOR MONEY

If you want to make the switch to better service and lower prices by SWITCHING TO BT, its easy - email me .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

More info on our packages available at -  BT Spain  -  ( Mention this post )

Posted: 02 May 2010 07:09 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

fantastic offer 20MB for only ? 39.00 euros. no one has 20MB ..... from ntl bt ono no can do it , two many mates my have all been told off this and no ricivered it

Ireland ntl rolled out 20MB and not happen
BT , Virgin sky cant do aswell
Telef?nica , bt , Telia Jazztel still the same cant ,  now prove me wrong
if your hocked up two fibre network yes can be done but still not get the full 20MB

jurdy

Posted: 02 May 2010 08:48 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-02

No, you’re absolutely right, you wont get 20MB in spain, well not ADSL anyway, maybe on a T1 line

In fact you’d be hard pushed to get 6MB in Spain unless your living exceptionally close to the exchange. Most people who were promised 6MB get between 3 and 4MB.

Where BT Spain stand out is that they AUTOMATICALLY upgrade your speed as the lines and exchanges get upgraded. You don’t have to request an upgrade, usually at cost, as and when they are available.

Posted: 02 May 2010 10:48 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

have ddsl here and not cheap and at work unlimted via Sat

Posted: 03 May 2010 12:26 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-05-02

Don’t you mean SDSL?

Maybe its different in Spanish

Posted: 03 May 2010 08:54 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Sdsl is right tom ,  looking get dsl for new offices in Santa pola area just out side ELX

Posted: 31 December 2010 06:55 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-31

I live in Torremolinos and have used Telefonica, Spantel , Tele2 (Vodafone now) and am currently with Jazztel.

Jazztel have their own fibre optic network and just use the Telefonica landlines for the final stretch. My download speeds are twice as fast as Tele2 was with both on a “upto” 20mb package.

The Jazztel router is N rated.

Using http://speedtest.net I get nearly 13mbs download and 1mbs upload.

Cost wise there is no comparison.

I have free mobile calls upto 60 minutes a month for a year, free national calls, 20mbs adsl for half price for a year, and no contract termination fees.

In the past Telefonica have been pursuing me for services I never had with frequent billing errors.

Tele2 would not give me a faster router without me having to pay for it despite having been with them 3 years.

I wholeheartedly recommend Jazztel if you can get it. They are a British owned Company and have HQ in London.

Posted: 31 December 2010 10:48 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

crisco…

Jazztel have their own fibre optic network and just use the Telefonica landlines for the final stretch. My download speeds are twice as fast as Tele2 was with both on a ?upto? 20mb package.

Well aren’t you the lucky one!

Jazztel’s fibre optic service may provide that sort of speed in some areas but out ‘in the campo’ it’s going to take a great number of years before we get anything like this. Best they can offer me is up to 6Mbs (=3mbps in reality) which is exactly the same as T’fonica because, as stated they still use T’fonicas infrastructure. If T’fonica have a problem on these lines so does eveyone piggy-backing onto them.

As indeed is the case at the moment; for the last three months t’fonica have been attempting to sort out a solution to a DSL problem which directly affects us. Our contracted speed is 3Mbps, the fastest anyone can offer for this area. Problem is its very rarely anything approaching this sort of speed. We report a problem of slow running, T’fonica or its appointed subbies ITETC ,‘fix’ it and we get around 2.6Mbps for a bout a week (or less) then it all goes to rat-shit again.

Christmas Eve was the beginning of the last episode…speeds fell to below 1Mbps so I reported the problem. An engineer from ITETC visited the local switching centre in the village on cCristmas Day morning and phoned us to say the problem was in their cabin. They fixed the problem on the 28th and again we got the sort of speed we should…until Thursday morning when it all went wrong again. I phoned again and came up against a brick wall with their ADSL helpline

Them; “Cant be a problem with our equipment Sir, we just fixed it…”

Me; “We have three computers all displaying the same problem and you checked the router on your last visit. and you fixed your problem three days ago, three weeks ago, eight weeks ago. and three months ago.”

Them after a long pause…“OK…We’ll check it out, Sir.” “Thank you for calling Telefonica, can we help with anything else today”

So I sent an email to Telefonica in Madrid; as a last resort this I have found to be a reasonable solution I detailed all of the problems encountered always speed associated, , the dates reported, the dates supposedly ‘fixed’.

I got a reply from them yesterday morning saying they would advise the Technical Department. got a response from them this morning saying they would sent someone out; so thats where we are at the moment…waiting for an engineer.

What is our speed at the moment? The lowest its ever been…typically 100Kbps down, 270Kbps up. Pages take up to twenty minutes to load (if they load at all); mainly they just stall.

Pi**ed off…damn right but for us T’fonica are the only game in town; can’t afford Satellite Internet at 1500 Euros installation and 150 Euros a month subscription for a capped 4Mbps service, its a rip-off.

Wifi via a usb modem not an option because of our location which is a radio communications black hole. The main players Orange, Vodafone and Movistar all advise that performance in this area cannot be guaranteed…

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 16 June 2011 07:13 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-06-16

In april 2011 an imposter of Jazztel came to me to tell that if I took a new contract i would recieve at least 15Mb adsl but had to take a new number. I have a 6Mb contract and recieve nearly 3Mb, which is due to the dustance from the central.
So the contract was made and luckily on the name of my partner so the original line stayed active.
After paying 60 Euros for the new line the result of that promised 15Mb was a speed of 0,3 Mb.
The seller of the contract never showed up again, he had his premium
So i called Jazztel and told them to end the contract. The girl at the 1565 line told me it was cancelled.
But still bills come in from a none excisting line. Impossibel to skip them in my bankaccount which can be done with other false bills.
Contacting Jazztel lands in a perosn to person to person conversation and all kind of promises of which none is made well.
I threatened them to change operator if they do not stop this fraud but still no answer.
So service has to be reinvented.

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:57 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

I am still a bit confused… (easy sometimes with all this ‘who owns what’)...
I was not aware that Jazztel had upped their game and now had their own lines…
But it seems they still have to use Telefonica for part of the system??
A friend had them a long time ago, but they (Jazztel) were worse than useless, especially when it came to meeting
promised internet conn speed, also, she had to pay for call outs to repair the lines - where she had previously never had to
consider this with Telefonica.

Can anyone update me?

Posted: 20 July 2012 02:43 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Jazztel… Hah! Exactly the same as they always have been… yes they have some of their own lines but only where the cost can be justified. In the meantime for the other 95% of their client base they use leased space and bandwidth from T’fonica.
For us mere mortals living outside the big cities 20Mbps is a pipe dream, completely unachievable in our lifetime!
6Mbps or 10Mbps is something we can aspire too but still for most it’s around 3Mbps.

Jazztel are sharks preying on people who cannot or will not read the small print!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:02 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2012-01-14

mmmmm all sounds familiar, I was with another provider that was ruuuuubbbbbbiiiiisssshhhhh! and parting from them was such ‘unsweet sorrow’...and difficult..

now with movistar and receive 8.5 downloads, not the 10 promised, but very happy (?39 and with IVA ?45-ish if I don’t use the landline much) ...but I’m sure it varies with each location, so it seems like pot luck - isn’t there some sort of telecommunications ombudsman here that people could go to…can’t find a link

Posted: 20 July 2012 09:04 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Thanks for confirmation FB.. I was just trying to warn other members

1 2 > 
1 of 2
‹‹ Telefonica hostage      WIMAX ››