Exterior of appartment block - is the maintenance covered by the community insurance?
Posted: 31 August 2010 02:49 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-01

Hi there,

We have a flat in a 26 year old block. Some of the balconies are showing cracks on the underside, it looks like just loose plaster after 26 years in the heat. My question is is repair for this usually covered by the community insurance or is it for each individual to repair and pay for their balcony? It is a hazard as once some lumps fell off into the street below and could cause serious injury. Our own flat is currently in good condition but I am concerned about the future.
We are currently selling the flat and the couple buying would like an answer to this before we procede so any quick answers would be appreciated.
I have raised it with the administrator and the president but both are being slow in responding.

Thanks for your help

Stephen

Posted: 02 February 2016 05:05 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2016-02-02

I don’t have any information about your specific arrangement, however, my first inkling is that these repairs would not be covered by insurance. Insurance policies for buildings and structures typically cover damage, but not anything that would constitute ‘maintenance’ or ‘wear and tear’. These type of expenses would most likely come from the annual fees you pay to the management of the building.

‹‹ Agents list - Granada      La Herradura ››