Brazilian citzen married with Polish citzen need help about VISA
Posted: 27 September 2010 06:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-09-27

Hello everyone,

I am new on the website, I appreciate if you guys can help us.

I am a brazilian citzen married with a Polish citzen living in UK. Our marriage is registered here in UK and in Poland. We are considering a move to Spain.
Poland is member of EU so she does not require a special visa for that, and brazilian citzens do not need a visa to entry Spain but we cant live in Spain for more than 3 or 6 months.
I`ve searched for info in the spanish embassy in London, and that is what they say:

“Under current European legislation, dependants of EU nationals already living in Spain or those wishing to take up residency with their EU spouses, who are themselves holders of passports of any other state outside the EU, may now apply for a residence permit in Spain, without applying for a visa prior to their departure.

It is a bit confusing, does anyone know what exactly that mean?
What I got is that we can entry Spain together and there aplly for the “RESIDENCE VISA FOR FAMILY REUNIFICATION FOR DEPENDANTS OF EUROPEAN UNION NATIONALS. “

Did anyone have a similiar experience or could help me with that?

Regards,
CK

Posted: 27 September 2010 11:24 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30

brazzi,
you do not need the visa you mentioned to enter spain.
just bring your eu family resident card issued to you in uk or in poland and just meet the rest of the requirements for the eu citizen family resident permit.
download and fill in the following
http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/ex_16.pdf
the requirements for your polish wife and for you are listed on page 2
submit it after getting yourselves empadronado.

Posted: 28 September 2010 01:56 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-27

Thanks Aritz,

That is a good news, so I can enter Spain and after ask for the visa in Spain.
If you dont mind can I just clarify some points with you:

1)
just bring your eu family resident card issued to you in uk or in poland
I dont have a card or anything like that, I do have a Resident Visa stamped on my passport that will expire now in November and we are thinking to go to Spain in January. Does it still work?

2)
I downloaded the form you sent me, thanks for that.
Just to make sure, is that the category for me:

Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Uni?n?
Or
Tarjeta de residencia permanente de familiar no comunitario de ciudadano espa?ol o de la Uni?n

C?nyuge or Pareja registrada?

Thanks again for spending your time helping us, I really appreciate!

Regards,
CK

Posted: 28 September 2010 04:24 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

This guide helps:

For the Regulations document in English
http://extranjeros.mtin.es/es/InformacionInteres/FolletosInformativos/archivos/VERSION_INGLES.pdf

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 29 September 2010 12:33 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30
Brazzi - 28 September 2010 01:56 PM

Thanks Aritz,
That is a good news, so I can enter Spain and after ask for the visa in Spain.
If you dont mind can I just clarify some points with you:
1)
just bring your eu family resident card issued to you in uk or in poland
I dont have a card or anything like that, I do have a Resident Visa stamped on my passport that will expire now in November and we are thinking to go to Spain in January. Does it still work?

renew it before you come to spain, if your resident visa is for eu citizen family, it should do and make things easier for you.
if it is a regular visa, just bring the documents that show you are registered partners or a married couple.
check with the spanish consulate in your city to find out if you have to have those documents authenticated.

when you are in spain, you are going to apply for the eu citizen family resident card/permit, not a visa.

2)
I downloaded the form you sent me, thanks for that.
Just to make sure, is that the category for me:
Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la Uni?n?
Or
Tarjeta de residencia permanente de familiar no comunitario de ciudadano espa?ol o de la Uni?n
C?nyuge or Pareja registrada?

the tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la union
c?nyuge=spouse
pareja registrada=registered partner

do you speak spanish?

Posted: 29 September 2010 02:09 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-27

Thanks again guys,

The point is, to renew my visa here in England, the proccess takes about 6 months, I dont want to wait all that time and then move to Spain.
We are a married couple and I have all the documents that show that.
The only thing I have to find out is if I need to translate that documents, because it is in english.
I`ll call the spanish consulate to check that and if is needed the documents authenticated.

I dont speak fluent spanish, I speak portuguese which is very similar to spanish, so I can communicate a little bit in spanish.

What I found out is that my wife has to register herlsef once in Spain and then I have to ask for the tarjeta de residencia de familiar de ciudadano de la union, which by the spanish embassy website, takes about 3 months to get it.

Does that make any sense?

Thanks again.
CK

Posted: 23 December 2010 03:36 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-21

Hi CK,

I just want to know if you managed to move in to spain?
I am facing similar situation - I’m going to marrie my brazilian girlfriend, who currently live in Spain, I hold a UK passport and plan to get a spanish residency so she can stay and work/live in spain.

Would be very useful if you can let me know how did it go for you.

Thanks
MD

Posted: 17 January 2011 07:34 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-09-27

Hi MD

I am moving to spain now on 26th…
I let you know how it will go.

Posted: 27 July 2012 02:04 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-07-27

Hi I read your post and my situation similar. I am brazilian living in the uk for 7 years.I married with a Italian guy and I have uk residence until 2014.But we have been thinking to move to spain. My questions is about CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION FOR DEPENDANTS OF OTHER EUROPEAN UNION NATIONALS:

“The EU national should have financially maintained the dependant relative for up to one year prior to the application”. How can we prove this there is a fix amount.He is UK so when we move he will not have a job any more.

Any help I I will appreciated.

Thanks

‹‹ Visa for Family Regrouping      Work help! ››