Single expat’s in Spain
Posted: 20 October 2010 04:36 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-03-30

Is there a dating site on Spain ex pat ?
I am a single 55year old male living in La Linea, Cadiz, I moved over here last December and have a few friend’s and a couple
of life long friend’s living close by but would like to meet others in a similar situation living locally.

I’m sure there are lot’s of dating site’s out there, can anyone recommend a decent honest one, or even a site where people can meet
friendly English speaker’s to learn each others languages, ( English/Spanish preferred ) where there are no cost involved, except maybe the price of a couple of cafe con leche’s.  ( did I spell that right ? )

Posted: 30 November 2010 10:33 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-11-13

Hi, I’d be very wary of dating sites, most of them are not worth your time, not to mention the scams floating around them…
I think Facebook would be a far better option, personally I also signed up to englishpresence to meet other Irish people but so far not much luck.

Signature 

Irish guy in Pontevedra, find me also on
http://www.facebook.com or
http://www.englishpresence.com :coolhmm:

Posted: 30 November 2010 10:53 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Facebook isn’t a bad idea. okcupid.com is very popular in the US and probably getting to be so in Europe as well.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 02 December 2010 07:11 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Jacko,
La Linea/Gib is a busy place, so no doubt in time you will meet someone/know the places to go!

I have tried various dating sites locally (I am up the coast in Fuengirola), but I got the wierd and the downright perverse!
I did put a personal ad in The Sur in English, but due to my wording???? I got the wierd and the wonderful again.
I guess you just have to persevere and make new networks and possibly even a social club of some kind. Who knows where you will find love!
(I was very lucky and got together with my OH through a job advert!)

ps - We do have a very good singles club here, run by a big hearted woman. But people come and go as she is quiet successful!
(It is a social group really and no cost involved. Just paying your way at the events she organises).

!Buena Suerte!