Can I take my African Grey Parrot to Spain From The UK?
Posted: 06 January 2011 03:18 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-01-05

Hi
I have a parrot,who I love dearly, could not bare to be seperated from him.
Can I take him to Spain from the Uk?and am I allowed to return with him at any time?Does he need to be in quarantine?
Advice apreciated….😉

Posted: 17 February 2011 03:34 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-01-05

Hi
Thanks for that.Really apreciate it.
I have been informed by officials,that my parrot must be imported in a specially designed wooden box.I think its actually a joke,as when you see the design,it does not look like its for a bird.Not to mention,the fact,that I assume they expect me to make this wooden cage myself.I woud love to show you it….....
Also airlines are charging between ?400-500 one way to get my parrot to Spain.I cannot afford this,if my parrot is to travel with me a few times.

Posted: 17 February 2011 03:48 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-01-05

Hi
Sounds good to me.What do you charge North London to Malaga,to the front door?
Assuming I still need vet papers ect…

Posted: 20 February 2011 01:30 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

OH (Before we met), exported their African Grey form UK. You DO need an export licence - from Chelmsford/Deptford? (will find out exact town if you can’t find it on google)...
Also, if you ever think it is likely you will ever return to the UK.. Then Pet Passport also needed.
(OH never intended to take parrot back, so didn’t do the latter). OH also says it was a doddle on the car ferry. No one checked their papers the whole route.  But worth having ‘just in case!’

‹‹ Living in Spain      Import my car to spain ››