english speaking doctors?
Posted: 26 February 2011 09:11 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-07

Hello all, i just moved to Alicante and i am looking for a english speaking doctor for my 3 month old daughter and one for me for my diabetes, any suggestions? My health insurance says i can go to any doctor.

Posted: 03 March 2011 09:24 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2010-04-09

Hi

You can find a list of English speaking doctors in Alicante on the British Embasssy website for Spain.

UKinSpain website link

You will also find details of other English speaking contacts there like lawyers and translators.

Good luck

British Embassy in Spain

Signature 

British Embassy, Madrid.

Promoting British Interests in Spain with Commitment, Consistency and Confidence.

http://www.ukinspain.fco.gov.uk

Posted: 17 May 2011 03:51 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Sorry UKinSpain.. but if your ‘suggested English Speaking Doctors’ list is anything like your lawyers list… then ‘Buyer beware’.
I know you put a clause saying ‘these are only suggested not recommendations/tried and trusted’ etc…

I chose an (English) speaking lawyer from your list and ended up loosing my case big time as he said at the end I ‘Didn’t understand him’ and he wanted me to hire (and pay for) my own interpretuer!
(I did make a comment to the Malaga Consulate at the time - where I had obtained said lawyers details from - but did not get any satisfactory reply!)

Posted: 17 May 2011 07:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Check out our doctors in Spain list alternatively. We certainly welcome feedback on those doctors listed there in our comments section.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 17 May 2011 08:12 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2008-03-05

When i had medical insurance i got a big book from the ins company naming all doctors in spain stating there speciality and language.Ask your insurance company for one.

Posted: 17 May 2011 08:25 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Yes Pepsi is correct.
But do check out if their charges if you are paying anything towards it.

I.e Recently I needed an ultra sound. I was given price XX by my pay as you go doctor…
I then checked with Helvetia who offer me a ‘free add on’ helath insurance discount scheme along with my funeral plan…
Only their ‘discounted price’ at their suppliers was 1.5 times the full price at my local clinic! 

As with everything in life, one needs to check, then double check and check again! (Sadly) 

Re Eng speaking DRs in Fuengirola - I posted on this in the past few months.
Did come up with one, but he then couldn’t diagnose me without an expensive MRI, so we didn’t get to the root of my problem.
:(

PS - Dr Alastair Banes, a GP who was very popular in Fuengirola - has now returned to the UK. So no go there!