AA in Barcelona
Posted: 03 May 2007 08:46 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-02-12

Hi all,

I will be moving to Barcelona in a couple of months and I know that there are english speaking meetings in Barcelona. I was just wondering if anyone here is in program and has any advice or information on what its like to be sober in Spain and what I can expect.

Anything, offered would be great.

Danny

Posted: 04 May 2007 10:35 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Danny,

While drinking and alcohol form a pretty fundamental part of the Spanish culture (in a surprisingly more controlled and respectable manner than one might expect), sober life is still pretty good. There’s alcohol free beer, called “sin” (pronounced “seen”). There’s also various AA-type groups. Look them up in the Barcelona Metropolitan and Barcelona Connect magazines (monthly) in the classifieds section.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 04 May 2007 10:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-02-12

Thank you.

Danny