Education in Spain
Posted: 24 April 2011 11:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-24

Hi all, thinkging of moving to the Spain, but need some info, have 2 boys, 13 and 10, what is the education like, heard so many stories about being dropped down a year and international schools costing an arm and a leg, need to find out the facts, can anyone help please

Posted: 20 September 2011 01:38 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-06-20
stuandjane - 24 April 2011 11:31 PM

Hi all, thinkging of moving to the Spain, but need some info, have 2 boys, 13 and 10, what is the education like, heard so many stories about being dropped down a year and international schools costing an arm and a leg, need to find out the facts, can anyone help please

From our recent visits and interviews with 9 international schools the average cost per children of your age in school year 2011 is 4750 euros per child for basic education plus 500 matriculation fee. Add 1500 per year for lunch service if required and another 500 per child for uniform.  Books 250 per child and extra curricular activities 40 per term mas o menos. Our eldest who is 7 has exceeded his year’s requirements but he wa sin private school in Argentina so for us he is falling behind a little but we cannot speka for UK kids moving hre.  Overall schools are fabulous, great facilities and curricula…not overly impressed with some of the UK teachers they have however who look and act like UK rejects and probably only survive here for their Enlish native skills.

Posted: 27 September 2011 09:21 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-27

As far as I know you can obtain some cool perks if your are a Spanish citizen. Like student loans and they won’t ask the money back if you start working or something like that,

Posted: 28 September 2011 04:25 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Marinel….

Hi…

One comment…‘In your dreams’

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 28 September 2011 06:15 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-27

What?

More than 3,300 graduates have applied for one of Spain?s new student loans, less than a month after the scheme was launched. If successful, the applicants will receive more than half of 6,000 loans the Spanish government is making available for the first year of the scheme ? out of a total loans budget of ?50 million (US$70.72 million).

Students who have finished their first degree in the past two years will be able to apply for loans of a maximum of ?22,800 to study for a master?s degree at a Spanish or other European university. Echoing models adopted in Britain and Australia, recipients will only start repaying loans when their income exceeds ?22,000 a year.

As far as I know there is a possibility not to repay the money which were given to you, but I was half right. The goverment will give you a loan and you will start paying back when you have a job!

later edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of students

Posted: 28 September 2011 06:51 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Marinel

‘Twas meant in jest!

If the situation does indeed exist whereby students can get these loans with the possibility of never having to repay them then good for them… I’m all for it.

I’d even consider signing up myself because having reached retirement age there is no legal obligation to actually seek work!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

‹‹ To do list.      spending six months in Spain ››