1 2 > 
1 of 2
Fed up with all the advertising on this forum
Posted: 05 June 2011 05:11 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

Everytime I look on this forum there is a load of rubbish advertised on it!!!
Come on mods. sort it out!!!

Posted: 05 June 2011 05:47 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Couldn’t agree more.

In those sections where I have moderator rights, I delete the post, normally without comment.

Unfortunately my moderator rights are somewhat limited.

My own opinion is that all posts emanating from India, Pakistan, the Philipines and especially China should be banned completely, as should all signature links that are irrelevant to living in Spain.

fb.

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 05 June 2011 06:01 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

all forum get hit with spam and and rubbish advertis , As one off the moderator here i do take down spam , if want please get in touch with us here are The Expatriator , i do have a 2nd job that dose pay my wages , feel free to add if want help my income

we all looking in to few way keepping them out but do get in here and two outher forums aswell
Jurdy

Posted: 06 June 2011 02:09 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2011-06-01

I’m sorry if you also considerated my inputs as spam, I only wanted to help people in troubles coming/paying their taxes/getting their residence, etc. in Spain.

If it’s this way, say to me and I’ll edit my posts…

Thanks,

GestoriaSalvador

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2011 04:48 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

gestoriasalvador…

I really do not think that your posts have ever been considered as spam posts.

Sus comentarios no se considera SPAM.

Please feel free to continue posting as you do now!

Our battle is against worthless irrelevant posts advertising such things as ‘nike this’ and ‘nike that’, ‘gucci this’ and ‘gucci that’, emanating from companies normally based in Nigeria, China, India or Pakistan who swamp this and other forums with junk posts that are mainly blatant cut and paste news items interspaced with advertising plugs for such junk as ‘NFL Jerseys and Shirts’. Then there are the serious Scams such as all manner of Ipods, Ipads, and all manner of assorted mobile phones or Forex scams offering huge paybacks for every 1000 Euros invested….

Professional relevant advice is always welcome and there is no harm in a signature link such as yours or public appeals for help for charities such as that in my signature link.

So don’t change a thing… if you have a comment to make or advice to give please feel free to make it!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 06 June 2011 02:19 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-06-01

Thanks for your quick answer foxbat. I read this post and wanted to be sure that I wasn’t breaking the forum rules.

See (better read haha) you. 😛

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2011 11:44 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-04

Sorry if anyone missunderstood my post. I mean the Nike, Ipad etc adverts. I myself advertise the occasional property for sale or rent that I think is a bargain!!
Caz

Posted: 07 June 2011 12:08 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-06-01

Cazzy, I’m new and I took it personally because I had made some mentions about my job and I wanted to agologize in that case. Now I understand you!

foxbat - 06 June 2011 04:48 AM

Professional relevant advice is always welcome and there is no harm in a signature link such as yours or public appeals for help for charities such as that in my signature link.

I have had a look at your signature web. I have to congrat you for this action. I LOVE dogs, nowadays I have 9 (most of them were abandoned) but never had a Galgo or Podenco, maybe one day 😊

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2011 04:48 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Cazzy.
Here’s the thing - We’re not able to be online 24 hours per day. Most of the Chinese/Asian spam hit the site at about 3am Spanish time. By the time any of us get to it it’s been there for a few hours. Sometimes it takes us longer if no one clicks the Report button on a post too. We’re getting about 20-50 new replies daily, so that’s a lot to comb through every day!

If you’re interested in helping out or want to donate to the SpainExpat ca?a fund… feel free to pitch in. 😉

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 June 2011 05:10 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-04

I am quite happy to help out moderating as I am online quite a lot!!!
Cazzy

Posted: 08 June 2011 06:16 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
cazzy - 08 June 2011 05:10 PM

Cazzy

thank you for the offter , will keep that in mind

the site is watched around the clock , advertising in the forums ,  Signature , email address and spamming is been hit and edited and been last take off the forum , so by you and outher reporting it it good to see
rules are broken and we having to inforce it now

Jurdy

any problem get in touch with me

Posted: 08 June 2011 11:19 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
cazzy - 08 June 2011 05:10 PM

Cazzy

Hi Cazzy,
Okay, I’ll set you up as a moderator for some of the main forums around here. If you find you’re not a moderator in some of the forums, just use the Report feature to send us a report of the offending post.

Thanks for your help!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 09 June 2011 12:47 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-04

Thanks I will give it a go!!

Posted: 09 June 2011 12:51 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-06-01

Congrats Cazzy for your new status!! 😊

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2011 12:55 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-04

Thankyou very much

Posted: 09 June 2011 12:58 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Just remember, “with great power comes great responsibility.” 😉

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2