IT field in Spain
Posted: 24 June 2011 01:52 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2009-02-21

Hi Everybody!
I wonder what’s the situation with IT field in Spain in general?
Ok, I know that job situation is pretty bad now in Spain in total, but still, it should be better in a year or two right? Is there any chance for Canadian (read non-EU) citizen to find remotely a job in IT field, QA in particular, and move to Spain with that work visa? Is that in demand? What are the average salaries? What technologies are in use?
I’m trying to google this but not so much info as for now…

Posted: 30 June 2011 03:31 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2011-03-15

Have a look at tecnoempleo to see what’s available. It’s the main site in Spain for IT and telecomms jobs. You can get an idea of salaries there aswell. There is a lot of competition in the market but you never know….

Posted: 15 July 2011 09:00 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2009-02-21

Thanks!
Yeah I see some jobs there… I wonder if they hire foreigners..

Posted: 09 February 2013 12:19 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2013-02-08

you should consider telecommuting. that would basically enable yo to freely work for anyone, anywhere in the world. if you are willing to compromise on your salary/hourly rate, and good at your field with good references, there are many parties which want to hire i.t. professionals on an ongoing basis. even ibm was sending most of its workforce to home, a few years back.

places like elance are great for this. even if you stay as a freelancer and keep getting and doing contracts, it eventually transforms into such a situation that you are always working with same few parties in an ongoing basis. then it transforms into a permanent arrangement. that was how it happened to me.

of course you can directly search for permanent arrangements too.

Posted: 11 September 2013 07:24 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-09-11

Hey guys!!

I moved to Spain about 5 years ago! Found a really good job on a work form home position. With my IT skills I found it easy and the pay is good too! If you interested email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)