Alicante Airport
Posted: 05 July 2011 10:13 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-12-09

Hi All, I’m shortly flying out from Alicante airport.  My sense of direction is virtually ‘Nil’ and I have to meet, at the old Terminal 2, a representative of the off-airport parking company I’ve booked with.  I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know if it is still quite easy to get to this terminal, now that the new terminal has been built.  Thanks.

Posted: 05 July 2011 11:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

yes will singposted wich way you coming from please
jurdy

Posted: 06 July 2011 12:47 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-12-09

Thanks for reply Jurdy .......... I’m coming from Gandia .........Valencia.  It’s a relief to know that Terminal 2 is still well signposted.  Hopefully, I won’t need to go through the new terminal, to get to Terminal 2, or will I?

Posted: 06 July 2011 12:25 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-06

Old terminals 1 & 2 are closed and not in use anymore. I guess you have to meet your man OUTSIDE the terminal. There’s no way you can get inside them from the new terminal.

Ragarding signposting, I’m not that sure old terminal 2 is still shown in the singns. As far as I remember they only show the way to the new one. Are you sure he meant OLD T2? If that’s the case, you’ll probably need to park as shown in this video, somewhere at min 1:34.

http://tinyurl.com/65a2cpl

Remember old T2 is the smaller building to the right of T1 and closer to the control tower, hidden behind the trees in the video.

Posted: 07 July 2011 02:12 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-12-09

Many thanks for the info Gus, which is very helpful.  In the video I can see the old Terminal 2, behind the trees, and I don’t think I’ll need to go into the actual new terminal to get there….....and yes, you’re right, I’m meeting the rep from the off-airport parking company ‘outside’ old Terminal 2.  The ‘fun’ will start for me when I arrive back at Alicante on a late flight, and have to find the right direction to Valencia.  Oh well, at least I’ve got all night to find my way home….......many thanks again…......Christiana.