Applying for a Visa and Need Advice
Posted: 08 April 2012 09:05 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-08

Hello,

I have spent about 4 months of the last 12 in Spain and have decided to apply for a Visa so I can stay longer. I’m a U.S. citizen with a somewhat unique situation and was hoping someone would advise me on which visa to apply for.

I have an American-based LLC company (I’m the CEO, no employees) with all of the income of course going into my U.S. bank accounts. I won’t be relocating the business itself to Spain - but I essentially just want to live in Spain since I can run the business from anywhere in the world.

Do you know which visa I should be applying for? I am assuming the self-employed visa, but since the company will remain US-based, I’m not quite sure which route to go.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted: 08 April 2012 09:27 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-08

As a follow up, on the application for the visa, there is the option, “residence without work permit”

Since my company isn’t being relocated to Spain and I’m essentially just wanting to go there to live and spend money (again, the company can be run from anywhere remotely but the actual company will not be in Spain), would that option make the most sense for me? And then perhaps attach bank statements and additional info to the visa app that shows “hey, I have money….I’m not going to work or take any jobs from Spain. I simply want to live here and spend money in your economy” .....what do you think?

Thanks.

Posted: 12 April 2012 07:05 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2012-03-26

Try asking in the legal advice forum.