Spanish nationality
Posted: 13 March 2014 05:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-03-13

I don’t know whether this is the right place to ask for advice. My girl friend has applied for spanish citizenship with the following information: application submitted to the registro civil where she lives in 15/11/2009; application was sent to the ministry of justice under the residence rule;
She was granted nationality resolution dated 31/01/2013. She was told the post grant procedures must be performed in the civil registry. So what is the next step or what are the next steps. How long does she has to wait for citizenship. I know every district has different waiting period but, what is the normal waiting period? Can she insisit on fast tracking? There is a mention of waiting until march 2015 by the registro civil. Is that correct? Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Posted: 12 September 2014 05:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2012-03-26

There are two things that must be done after receiving the notification of approval. First, you must swear loyalty to the king, and also you must renounce previous citizenships (with some exceptions based on your nationality and personal situation). However, this oath of loyalty must take place within 180 days after the approval is emitted. Since in your case the approval was dated to January of 2013, it expired during the month of July 2013.