Refused Tourist Entry to Spain Previously. Will this affect my Student Visa application?
Posted: 02 August 2015 05:38 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-08-02

I am from Pakistan and applied for a Schengen tourist visa for Spain in 2013. The visa was rejected on the grounds the purpose of visit wasn?t clear and that they couldn?t determine whether I would return to my own country, plus that my funds weren?t enough for a visit of two weeks. I had all the documentation that one could think of, from the invitation letter from a local Spanish resident to the hotel booking, sufficient bank balance ($12,000 for two weeks) and much more. I appealed the decision instantly and provided them with the invitation letter and still got a refusal stating that my intentions of returning back to my country were not clear. Understandably, I was 23 at that time and I can comprehend their stereotyping process and what not.

Now I will be reapplying for a Student Schengen visa for my master’s at a reputable university in Spain, for which I have a 30% scholarship.

Will my earlier rejection affect my Student visa?

My parents will be sponsoring my tuition and living costs. How can I make clear that I am only going for educational purposes and will return to my country?