Spanish residency not cancelled - hoping to return !
Posted: 22 August 2015 05:22 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-08-22

Hello,

I would be grateful for any helpful advice on a residency query from fellow members.

My wife (non - EU citizen) and I (UK citizen) had residency status in Spain but we had to leave in a hurry in rather traumatic circumstances about 6 years ago to care for my mother in laws family and we did not cancel our residency status.

Unfortunately my wife’s parents have passed away and now we are ready to return to Spain and apply for residency.

We have contacted lawyers online but the answer is always the same - “Well, you’ll have to come and see us, sit down and have a chat etc…”.

We are not within “popping over” distance, so I would like to get an idea before going any further. 

We would like to apply for residency again :

Are we likely to have any bureaucratic problems when we re-apply for residency ?

My wife is a non EU citizen and I am a UK citizen - would our applications be treated differently ?

A recommendation for an English speaking facilitator in Barcelona that can help with this application and maybe speed up the process would be very welcome.

I look forward to reading helpful comments.

Thank you