Hola
Posted: 10 February 2016 03:36 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-02-10

To introduce myself…

I?m an American jazz guitarist.  My wife and I have decided to not give up until we can move to Barcelona.  I would love to talk with any other people with experience in this or anyone with relevant information or advice.

Obviously getting a work visa is extremely difficult, but my wife is entitled to an Italian passport through her ancestry - that would give her an EU passport and allow us to live/work in Spain.  We’re pursuing both avenues.

About me ? I?m in my 40s, very experienced jazz guitarist with an MA in music, having studied classical guitar and with lots of experience playing musicals, cruise ship showbands, rock bands, etc.  I mostly make my living by playing and teaching.  I mostly teach lessons but would love to get into some more academic teaching.  My wife is a Spanish teacher (native of Peru) and translator.  She also has an MA.

Sorry to bore you with my problems, but any information would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin

Posted: 19 February 2016 12:05 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2016-02-18

Hi Kevin, My name is melissa, Im french and arrived in Spain 1 year ago because my boyfriend is spanish. How can I help you?

Posted: 21 February 2016 06:20 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-02-10

Thank you for the reply. 

I’m looking for advice from people on securing work/visas for non-EU people and information on the jazz scene in Spain and Barcelona.

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted: 07 March 2016 02:38 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2016-02-18

Hello Kevin,

Sorry for my late reply.
As I come dfrom the EU, I am not the best person to advise you about the work visa.
However I know there is an amazing Jazz Festival in San Javier: http://www.jazz.sanjavier.es/en/index.html

Best regards,
Melissa

‹‹ Hola gente hermosa      New beginnings ››