libro de familia/marriage cert not my current name
Posted: 25 July 2017 07:09 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-07-25

Has anyone had personal experience going from american to Spanish citizen (specifically regarding names)?
In my Libro de Familia and Spanish marriage certificate it has my maiden name. I then took my husband’s 2 last names after marriage. when he became an American Citizen he dropped his second last name and I had my second last name changed legally by a judge (so we all just had one last name). Now we are moving back to Spain. We are worried they will not like that my current legal name does not match the Libro de Familia or marriage certificate with no real documentation of the name change going from my maiden name to his last names, since American women can automatically take the husband’s legally. Should i change my legal name my to my maiden name so all the paperwork matches? Or will they accept the paperwork? There just is not any official paper going from my maiden name to my married name since we do that automatically in the US after getting married if we wish

to clarify, i am an American, my husband is American and Spanish, and we are moving to Spain, will enter the country, get residency, and then i will apply for citizenship (and then use my maiden and mother’s maiden names)