General Expat Sites
Posted by The Expatriator
Spain Expat's list of links to other expatriate- related sites, both general and spain oriented.
For a well-summarized and up-to-date list of general expat links, Expat Expert’s links (http://www.expatexpert.com/links) can’t be beat. The following are the best of the expat sites, most with sections on Spain. If you post questions to the message boards on these sites, they’re likely to go unanswered. Your best bet is the message boards here at Spain Expat Forums. Escape Artist (http://www.escapefromamerica.com) is an immense maze of links (though many are dead). Or go directly to the Spain section here (http://www.escapeartist.com/spain/spain.htm). Escape Artist’s focus is on tax havens. (Laos wouldn’t have been a good choice for Luis Roldán.). Expatica is a fairly well known online expat hotpost with up to date features and a nice design.
- EasyExpat A relocation portal with good info on Spain (click on Madrid)
- Expat Exchange Some articles on finding a job, doing business, etc., plus some well-categorized message boards (such as military, retirees)
- Expat Expert Focuses on “the emotional side of living abroad”.
- Family Life Abroad Articles and news stories.
- Expat Focus - international living advice, employment overseas, buying property abroad, international insurance and expatriate mortgages
- UK: British Expat
- USA: American Citizens Abroad and The Association of Americans Overseas are both nonprofit organizations with useful information for overseas Americans.
- The Canadian Expat - Magazine for Canadians abroad.
- Bye Bye Blighty - Information and news for Britons considering a move overseas.
- www.ExpatWomen.com - A free web site helping all expatriate women from all nationalities in any country in the world, share experiences and advice, find resources for living in a foreign country, with a monthly newsletter featuring the success story, mentor, reader story, book of the month, plus other interesting articles.
- Kids in Barcelona is a family guide to the city for visitors and expats.
- Kids in Madrid
- Costa Women - Social network community for expat Women living in Spain