one year in spain learning a language with a 6 years old child going to a local school
Posted: 08 January 2010 08:01 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-01-07

hi

i live in the UK, and currently i am doing a hairdressing course which will finish in June. i have a 7 year old son. i would like to go to Spain for one year to learn Spanish in a language school, and for my son to learn Spanish in a local school. i have travelled to Spain before with him and found Spanish kids to be friendly and they approached him in the streets to play. i would like to go to an area where there is a nice beach nearby and a language school plus a spanish primary school. i would like to rent a small place like a one or two bedroom flat.
my priority is to live in a nice, and friendly community. More importantly, i would like to live in a safe area and not too expensive. Someone suggested Alicante. but i have not been there and i don’t know where to start. i suppose every place has bad areas and good areas.
can you please help me? if you know other nice areas other than Alicante i welcome your suggestions. also i would like to be put in touch with landlords to discuss rent.
thanks

Nada

Posted: 08 January 2010 11:53 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Alicante sounds good. Aguilas is fairly close, very Spanish, nice beaches.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 09 January 2010 12:49 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-02-13

hi

I live in Guardamar del Segura which is about 30 mins from Alicante itself, my children all go to spanish state schools which they love and fit in really well, apartments are very cheap to rent in the town which is very spanish or you have the option of lots of urbanisations are the outskirts, feel free to pm me if you want anymore info

Posted: 09 January 2010 03:12 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-01-07

hi
many thanks for the quick reply. Guardamar del Segura sounds like a good place. i checked it on the internet. i would like to check about availabilty of a language school for me. i like to learn spanish the first three months. how far is the beach? it looks gorgeous in the picture. . how far is the school? i won’t have a car, so i would like either to walk or use public transport. have you got any information about prices of rentals? i would like either a one bedroom or two bedroom flat. above all, is it a safe place?
how do you get to Guardamar del Segura from the airport? is there a public transport?

thanks again

Posted: 10 January 2010 01:29 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-02-13

hi have sent u pm