Locating a lost package—Help!
Posted: 08 January 2010 05:51 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-08

Hello. 
  I’m desperately trying to locate a package that was sent to me on December 16th from the U.S.  It was sent Express International and the USPS tracking system shows its “arrival” on the 18th—it does not say where it arrived. The Spanish Correos tracking system only shows that the package’s reference number was registered in the database on the 16th—nothing more.  I am assuming that it has arrived in Spain and is being held in customs—probably in Madrid, but how am I to know?  I called Aduanas in Madrid, and from their recorded menu I’ve called these numbers (“paqueteria correos” 91 396 42 67 &  91 396 42 59) The first number rings, but no one picks up; the second is disconnected. I’ve called at all hours during their schedule, for many days.
  The U.S. sender tells me that it has “arrived”, and the Spanish Correos tells me that it hasn’t—at least it hasn’t entered their system.
  The package is nothing more than a Christmas gift with great sentimental value—a handmade, wooden flute. I’ve no idea why it would be detained for so long.
  Please, if there is anyone out there than can advise me what to do next, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks,
Cheryl

Posted: 08 January 2010 06:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

I can only advise patience - I purchased a GPS gizmo via the net from America, I received a letter from Aduanos (customs) requesting me to send a copy of the invoice for them to calculate import tax - this I did and shortly afterwards I was advised the goods were at my local post office awaiting collection.

So the system does work but probably delayed over the new year.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 09 January 2010 11:48 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-01-08

Thanks for your input, Rob. I’ll try to be patient since there seems like little else I can do.

Posted: 10 January 2010 05:12 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Seems to be the secret for happy living in Spain, just wish I could master it! Hope it turns up.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 11 January 2010 10:07 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Had a package sent from Amazon in the UK…

I used their tracking system and traced it to Madrid, and then to Loja for delivery.
I live about 20k’s from Loja in a village that shares the same post code as three others.
Despite the fact that my address was clearly shown on the label and invoice, the package finished up in the wrong village.
Because our street address doesn’t exist in this other village the driver returned the package to Loja…weird really because in order to deliver it to the wrong village he had to drive through the right village!

I phoned the companies tracking office and was assured that the package was back at Loja and drove over to that office;

“Err…no senor; no es aqui! es en Santa Fe”

So the following day I drove over to Sante Fe and sure enough that where it was; they were about to return it to the UK because the Loja driver had written ‘Incorrect Address’ on the label.

The company said the address was incorrect so I asked to use their computer, showed them our village on Google Maps, and the village postcode. The girls in the office in Santa Fe then phoned the Loja office and gave them mucho aggro for redirecting the package because Santa Fe is outside their delivery area.

Given that the contents of the package was the entire collection of ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ a present for my OH I was beginning to think that maybe some of the demons from the series had taken possession of the package!

A similar thing happened when I ordered some parts from a company in Barcelona. They used the same Courier company and it took several phone calls before they correctly delivered the package.

Correos have no problem delivering to our address; just this one delivery company. (The company is MRW by the way)

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 12 January 2010 03:26 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-01-08

Interesting story, fb! I think I’m going to do all my shopping within walking distance from now on. My package finally showed up on the internet tracking system for correos. It arrived in Spain on the 8th of January. So much for “express” delivery from the U.S.! It’s in customs right now, so I’m hoping I won’t have to wait too much longer… Looks like it got held up for three weeks in the U.S.

Posted: 30 September 2010 09:10 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-07-17

USA or anywhere outside the EU into Spain hits customs.  Many of our customers send to the UK and then have packages delivered to them in Spain.  Trackable so no worrying, easy and cheaper than the mail services.  http://www.citibox.es check it out.

Posted: 04 March 2018 01:35 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-03-04

Oh! This is such a blunder sometimes. I hate such things happening, I understand your problem very well. I think you must try https://deliveryservicedallas.com/. They have good medical courier deliveries; a fine option of same day deliveries and they do what they say. Switch to a better company asap.