Where to buy in/Near Fuengirola. Chinese Herbal Medcines
Posted: 23 December 2010 05:43 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi. I brought back some great Chinese herbal medicines from the UK and need to replenish my supply.

I have been to the ‘Chinese Acupuncture’ at the horse head roundabout in Fueng, but they do not stock anything like I am looking for.

Likewise, the TCM practitioner who used to be near the INME/Myramar seems to have shut up shop.

Anyone know of any other TCM practitioner/supplier in the area?
(I looked a the TCM clinic in Estepona/El Paradiso Hot, but they do not seem to have herbal remedies/they are the wrong side of Marbella for me).

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!

Posted: 26 December 2010 07:05 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-26

It would all depend on what the herbs are that you are wanting to replace, if they are raw herbs that you cook up at home it is doubtful anyone would sell you any, if they are patent herbs as in pills or tablets, google them, the patents normally have a few names for the same thing, often pinyin, english or chinese,it depends on the supplier how they name them. That said, there is /was a good chinese herbalist in Alhaurin Dela Torre, whether they are still there or not I can’t say.

Posted: 26 December 2010 07:11 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Kastym,
It is the ready made round pill type in small bottles. (I know they are not as potent/strong as the bark/twigs etc that one makes an infusion from, but they suit me best).

Will keep trying!

Posted: 26 December 2010 07:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-12-26

Hi again

Try herbprime.com, that is where I get a lot of my patents from, they are very fast and reliable, they are UK based though and I don’t know if they stipulate that you have to be a practitioner, also be careful about how long you take the pills for, some are only to be taken for 2 weeks at the most, others can be taken long term. Have you tried any western herbal medicines, there are some herbalists in the Old Town in Malaga. I have found that in general western herbs are a lot easier to come by and if you know what you need then you can grow them yourself. I do both western and chinese herbal medicine and am increasingly using western herbs in conjunction with the chinese diagnosis, it’s just another option for you.

Good luck