< 1 2
2 of 2
Amazon Free Delivery to Spain!
Posted: 10 June 2011 06:27 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Clarification re Free delivery to Spain…

a) only applies to items purchased from amazon.co.uk.

b) only applies to items which are dispatched directly from amazon; if goods are dispatched from one of their suppliers carriage charges will apply.

c) only applies to orders over ?25 and all components of the order must be dispatched directly from amazon.

Regarding MRW… our village shares its postcode with another village ten kms away which acts as the administation centre, but our postal address, includes both our village name and the admin centre villages name.

MRW when trying to deliver a package to us, which entails driving through our village, tried to deliver it to a non existent address in the Admin centre village. Having failed miserably, the driver then had to return to the Loja office and, in doing so again drove through our village... He marked the package as being undeliverable. In the meantime, I had phoned the Loja office and they said.“Ah…OK… we have the package here”. I said I would collect it from them.
So I drove over to Loja to colllect it from the office. When I got there, the person on the desk searched high and low for it and then did a search on his computer tracking system… “Ah Yes” he said, “we’ve sent it over to the Santa Fe office” My “porque?” was met with a shrug and a “no lo se” I asked him to phone the Santa Fe office to confirm they actually had the package. They confirmed that yes they had it and would hold on to it so I could collect it from there. I arrived there about an hour later and finally collected it.

We have since deleted the admin centre village from our delivery address and touch wood, so far other deliveries from amazon and others via MRW have always arrived safely.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 20 September 2011 02:23 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

I must have been asleep!
It appears there is now an Amazon Spain! And one can order directly from them!
Was hoping this meant less hassle with deliveries, but see now that it is only a young outfit and has to grow.
Whist some items can be shipped directly by them (free!) in 3-5 working days, many items I looked at are
‘fulfiled by other EU country’ and the delivery time can be as much as 1 to 2 MONTHS!
(I have just ordered a new computer monitor from Amazon UK and then saw the logo for Amazon Spain after I had
done it.  It just happens that the monitor I ordered IS available for local shipping, but many of the others were the
much longer waiting time.  I am expecting my order from the UK in just under 10 days…. Let’s see if they get it
right this time - have opted for my work address which is Mon - Fri. Although I had to write to Amazon to ask them to
print on the label the opening times/contact phone no’s as it did not give me the option to do so myself (again)...
They were clever and added it into the address fields (although these are limited in space so you might not get all
you wanted to say in there 😉

Said monitor was approx 4GBP more expensive to buy direct here, but allowing for exchange rate and all that, maybe I will give
Amazon ES a go next time!

Anyone who has ordered with them, let us know! (I.e Will they accept my usual UK Visa card etc… sure they would, but then not sure about exchange rates etc 😉

😊  Happy shopping all!

Posted: 20 September 2011 04:30 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Susan Hi…

Amazon es only started on the 15th Sept so thats the reason you probably missed it.
Cant see any reason why they shouldnt accept an English Visa, I have no problems ordering from amazon.co.uk with a Spanish card so it should work in reverse.

One thing I do find annoying about Amazon uk’s much vaunted free delivery to Spain is the gotchas that they apply… Clarification re Free delivery to Spain?

a) only applies to items purchased from amazon.co.uk.

b) only applies to items which are dispatched directly from amazon; if goods are dispatched from one of their suppliers carriage charges will apply.

c) only applies to orders over ?25 and all components of the order must be dispatched directly from amazon.

Just for future reference for people wishing to purchase computer equipment, especially with an English Language version of the OS, one could check out

http://www.novatech.co.uk/.

I have no connection with this company other than having dealt with them in the past, but I know from experience they are very good. (And Susan they are based in our neck of the woods in the UK!)

They do make a delivery charge to Spain of ?25 for packages up to 31,6Kgms, their estimated delivery time to Spain is 48hrs.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 20 September 2011 06:12 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi FB,
Good to hear there is now an option, but I was disappointed I couldn’t get the delivery instructions on the label (although customer service have hopefully covered that one for me 😉
Just now remains to be seen if new computer monitor arrives in one piece and a European plug! (The reviews from UK customers said in the past it came as standard with this, but they were not happy, so Amazon have changed it to 3 pin one!) Oh well, at least it was a good deal (I think!)

I was just a bit unsure whether UK Amazon were still shipping here as it did not give much indication that they knew it was coming here.  But I still got free delivery (as order was over 25GBP as you state/items being shipped by Amazon, although one item is supplied direct by their 3rd party etc).

Oh the joys of internet shopping! 😊

PS - Re novatech in S of England.  I have heard of them from my fathers PC guru, but have never had the opprotunity to visit their store 😉  Must make an effort on next visit! 😊

Posted: 21 October 2011 01:25 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Have recently had to have more dealings with MRW (as I ordered more stuff 😉

Sadly things went wrong again. Even though I took the precaution of having it sent to my work address (and clearly said on the lable Mon - Fri 1000hrs - 1800hrs only.)They returned one item to the depot saying, ‘wrong address’, but I noticed that they had tried to deliver it at 0800hrs.. 
But they managed to deliver the other part of the order OK (on a different day.)

I had to telephone the Marbella depot and virtually harang them to deliver within the office hours and I was NOT GOING TO THEIR OFFICE TO COLLECT IT (as I had already been inconvenience at not having choice of del to my home or my PO Box)...
Amazingly it was del 10 mins later!

But still c**p service from a carrier who is a representative of Amazon. (But as I said to Amazon for the price MRW are probably charging, i.e they are the most economical choice down there, it is ‘just’ acceptable.)  I don’t think I would want it sent by DHL/other larger international carrier - as still no guarantee of good service/plus we might have to start paying for del. 

I guess as long as MRW are involved, I will always have to ‘work around them.’

Does anyone have experience of MRW Coin depot? (I may be moving to Alhaurin el Grande soon and that will be the nearest depot. But hoping they would at least try to deliver to the house first as we will be living in the town.  But I know there is still no guarantee of this as MRW Fuengirola don’t even try to deliver to my mate in Mijas Pueblo, and just call her to come and collect any deliveries!)

Argghhhh!

< 1 2
2 of 2