Income tax percentage 2% the first 6 month contract?
Posted: 29 August 2012 04:05 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-28

Hello all,

I’m currently in talks with a company in Granada about a job, in fact they have already offered me the position and sent me the contract.
Now, I’m having some doubts about the financial aspect. The gross salary mentioned in the contract they sent me is significantly lower than what I was expecting based on the monthly net salary they promised me in our talks. Now they say this is because according to Spanish law, during the first 6 month contract I only pay 2% income tax. Now, I haven’t been able to find anything about this at all. What I do find is the regular 24,75% for the lowest income group.

Does anyone know anything about this? Could it be true or are they trying to take me for a ride (which is what it feels like to me, honestly)?
I really hope someone here has any idea, ‘cause I’m pretty much lost!

Posted: 29 August 2012 04:40 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ask them two show , give the link to the website of the where show this ....

yes vat has just gone up in last few weeks and this sould not change you taxes ..... two be real on this get payed in Malaga and never see this 2% add on

but is spain

do chq it out .... and come back two us here and we do the same

Jurdy

Posted: 29 August 2012 02:23 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-28

Thanks for your reply!

I did find the law regarding this, and all I could find is that for a contract of less than 12 months, the minimum tax rate is 2%, but nowhere do I see anything that explains how this would apply to me.

I have asked him twice and he only responded that “it is the Spanish law” and that the issue is “as discussed” - so I asked him a third time for clarification. Let’s hope he will give me more to go by this time!

Posted: 29 August 2012 08:38 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

http://www.empleo.gob.es amny want look there , but you have fun as i doing with try to find out Information myself for some one ....
not the easy site there ....

do ask for link about this ... and make sure it a official website off the government that can see the Information on this tax

Jurdy