Seeking Advice for Teaching English in Spain.
Posted: 27 June 2012 12:56 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-25

Hola Amigos

My name is Aeysha. I would be moving to Spain in March, 2013. My husband is a legal resident of Spain and I intend to join him. I am living in Pakistan and am working as an English Teacher in a renowned institution of Pakistan as an O Level Teacher. I have teaching experience of almost 10 years and I have taught to Primary, Middle School and O Level Students. Although I am not a native speaker but my communication, grammatical and teaching skills are excellent and I have good pronunciation too. I have done Masters in English Literature, PGD in Linguistics, Bachelors in Education and 10 years of teaching experience.

Please friends do let me know if I would be able to make a teaching career in Spain too??? Would it be easy for me to get job there or it would be quite hard? How many opportunities for English teachers are there in Spain? My Spanish is pretty good and I am working hard to improve it. My husband lives in Benidorm which is near Valencia and Alicante. Would there be any English Teaching opportunities there? Do I need to do extra diplomas too to get a job there? Kindly give a fruitful piece of advice. I am greatly worried about this issue. Plz do help in this regard if someone knows about it.

Best regards
Aeysha.

Posted: 05 December 2012 01:57 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-12-29

From what I have read on several forums, and considering your experience, I should think you would have no trouble finding work teaching English in Spain. However, it seems most of the hiring is done in September and January, so you may have to wait until then to get on with a school.
Cheers,
Laura

Posted: 07 December 2012 01:37 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

We have had terrible trouble finding a Native English speaker to teach for the academy I work for. The pay was good too 1,200 euro a month + social security paid on top. We are doing interviews at the moment, but we have had very few applicants.

Posted: 08 December 2012 05:18 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Cazzy, where is the academy?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 December 2012 02:16 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

In Ecija Sevilla, but the job is in the sub school in Lantejuela