< 1 2
2 of 2
Self Employed Satellite Television Installers Wanted
Posted: 31 July 2008 08:45 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

climbing over people in the rush for work. Santi well say , yes the work is rush and would not pass any codes are and legal , what about insurance are Public Liability as in you heading up on roofs and side off building have you got your self covered ..... think off that one

the more some rip off outhers it will some time come and bite you on you ass some day

if going do a job get it right as it will pay off in the long run and Maintenance contract pay very good aswell

i had to work some place with dish one held by rope , some coaxe was runing 220 volts , i see bell wire

omg some cowboys around

Posted: 31 July 2008 10:38 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

There are a lot of cowboys and con artists.

Imagine in a country that has few regulations, no trading standards. Compared to the UK, Spain is a gold rush for dodgy Brits.

There arn`t any rogue traders programmes.Everybody in the UK is aware of that, especially the cowboys.

Many expats wouldn`t trust a UK tradesmen, as there usually overpriced compared to Juan.

I`ve never used an Expat, the myth about Spainards doin poor work is just a myth, there are good, bad and lazy.The difference is Juan is known in the towns, whereas “Brian the Wizard” (seen plumber recently called that here) may well be a numpty.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 07 January 2009 10:01 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-09-09

after reading 2 pages of blah blah a person who actually wants to work in this field is left with nothing.

I have worked in the I.T. field for almost 10 years.  7 of them as a tech for Sprint and Charter.  I have lived in Spain for almost 2 years and I sadly have had to do what most of you have had to do.  Get a job teaching English….. go figure eh?

It bums me out that I have not done any wall drops or been on a 24 foot ladder running putting a hook on a bump pole.  I have looked around in my area *Tudela, Navarra* and have not found anything to do with my line of work other than being an Electriction.  I do not want to be an Electriction, id rather stay aloft in the rain and snow than be an Electriction.  Plus in this area every Electriction that you see is of *non spanish decent* except for the bosses, and making below the normal wage.  They have never even held a set of crimpers or snips before they came into Spain.

Posted: 14 January 2009 11:51 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

AM , FM , Links TV Engineer whated pm for more april start date
would want to know the ins and outs off a media centre , ie radio stations and so on

jurdy

Posted: 20 April 2009 01:50 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-02-05

Hi

Are you still looking for Satellite Television Installers??

Before moving to Spain I used to fit Satellite Systems in the U.K!

Kind Regards
Jason

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2009 02:11 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Roger has Been Rogered….

His WebSite is Sold. and from previous posts and no answer from him

He sold up and bought a Ship and is living on the Jolly Rogered Ship.

“LA CRISIS STRUCK”

Posted: 20 April 2009 03:21 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Satellite Television Installers , over the last year we see few off them closed up shop and move back two the uk are some where ..... 

there only 3 guys here that are still around that me , mike48t and Satandpcguy

jurdy

Posted: 20 April 2009 03:27 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Ok So I have a question….. for all 3 of you….

Why is it that last late 2007 I paid ?350 to install Digital + (I Thought it Was Digital +) For My Parents as a Present…

I had Enter “Keys” I was expecting to pay monthly ?

Anyway “I Took it as they installed Pirate Sat”

Now for the last 2 years they have changed to Nagra 3.

I am looking for english Sat Tv for Galicia and How much it would cost as “Apparently Nagra 3 Is Unbreakable”

Answers?

Posted: 20 April 2009 03:41 AM   [ # 24 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

evry think is breakable .... just have two give it time ....... Pirate box you got

Posted: 20 April 2009 03:46 AM   [ # 25 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Some German Box… something Star…

I have no understanding to it except when I visit my fam I play around with it…

I tried to do what my friend did and link it to the internet so it downloaded the codes automatically.

Now it all went down… Spoke to a Webmaster of a site called luxsat and he thinks “Nagra 3” cannot be broken it be like BSKYB Encryption.

I tried To contact BSKYB as I once worked for there parent group many years ago “Newscorp” as IT Senior. But they said were my folks are its difficult and they do not have customers in the north of spain.

So I am bums out the window so to speak.

Posted: 17 February 2011 09:31 AM   [ # 26 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-17

It is not really a problem if you see this link. Useful information for you.

http://www.thesatellitetvsystems.com

Posted: 20 December 2017 01:51 AM   [ # 27 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-12-20
UKTV - 17 May 2007 05:26 PM

If you live or are moving to any part of Spain, and want to work for yourself, installing Satellite Television Systems, then get in touch.

I am looking for people to collaberate with, from all over Spain as I get enquires from all over and can’t do all the work.

Regards

Roger

966 111 370

Hi do you still have jobs in Spain I have my own business in the uk and would like to move to spain

< 1 2
2 of 2