Studying abroad in Spain
Posted: 06 September 2013 01:17 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-09-06

Hello everyone,

I am Deborah and I am from Denmark. My sister is trying to study abroad in Spain but we cannot find any information. We are searching for any Guides that will tell us information like: Spain Educational, System, Undergraduate Studies, Popular courses, accommodation, cost of living, Health and other Info for General Life as a student.

We are looking for a Study Guide for Spain.

Can anyone give me these information,

Deborah

Posted: 06 September 2013 03:57 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-09-06

I do not know where to find this information :( I can only recommend a spanish school in Barcelona called BCN Spanish Language if your sister needs to learn and study spanish. I was there during 8 months and it was very fruitful. For the information you need, try this webpage: http://www.donquijote.org/culture/spain/society/customs/education-in-spain.asp

Bye!
Laura

Posted: 22 October 2014 08:27 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2014-10-22

I can highly recommend you to study Spanish in Alicante. It is a very nice city on the coast. There are no dialects. I have studied in Elcano Spanish school. (http://www.escuela-elcano.com/) There are good teachers, the prices of the courses are very favorable. They also organize a lot of activities and trips and they can offer you accommodation in a shared flat or in a family.

Posted: 14 July 2015 06:54 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2015-07-14

Hi Deborah,

You can find so much information about it via Google, in forums, etc. I can’t image that you don’t find it when you motto is “Life is what happens to you while you are looking to your smartphone.” 😉

Most language schools offer accommodation, too. So you could simply write to schools and ask for more details. If you have a health insurance in Denmark, it most likely covers you also in Spain. I suggest to ask your local health insurance company.

I took Spanish lessons at a school called Ailola Madrid. You guess it, it’s in Madrid 😉 I enjoyed Madrid and it has very fast train connections to Barcelona, Sevilla and Valencia. I stayed in a host family booked through the school. The school offered many free activities. It wasn’t so expensive. I think I paid about 200-300 Euros per week (accommodation + course).

If you stay for a long time (=months) in Spain, you could try to find your own room in a shared flat and save some money. You should stay at least 3 or better 6 months to find something adequate. You might find something for as low as 300-400 Euros per month. However you should consider that laundry and meals are not included and you need to pay for that extra. Sometimes you need to leave a guarantee deposit. So you might end up with a similar amount you are paying to a school but with more hassle.

The price for meals is similar like in Denmark.

All the best,

Evelyn

Posted: 12 May 2016 02:49 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-05-04

I stronly recommend you Universidad de Cadiz. I studied there in 2013 and it was the best time in my life! It was great atmosphere, your sister would enjoy beaches, aincient buildings and amazing people. And studing of course ))

Posted: 15 June 2017 06:10 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2017-06-15

I can offer you to consider an option with the University of Cordoba. This is one of the prestigious universities not only in Spain but also in Europe. My acquaintances passed here a master program on engineering and architecture, and they really liked it (they finished the bachelor’s program in the UK).

Posted: 12 October 2017 04:49 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2017-10-12

I was studying in Barcelona for 3 years and it was so hard for me to handle the writing assignments that I just used https://uk.edubirdie.com/report-writing-services to survive all that tasks. But! It still was the best experience I’ve had!

Posted: 08 November 2017 01:04 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

There are so many Others way to write anything Except this !!!!!!

Posted: 20 March 2018 02:24 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2018-03-16

I also choose an educational institution at the moment

Posted: 15 June 2018 03:50 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2018-06-15

I was able to study in Madrid during the summer of my senior year, and I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. The nice thing about weekends is that you can *travel* independently and relatively inexpensively. The nice thing about being in Madrid, you can take off in any direction, since it’s so centrally located. I took trips to Salamanca, Segovia, ?vila, Burgos, Valencia/Gandia/Denia, Toledo, and a few more.

I would also recommend getting away from the crush of American students, which will be a bit reluctant to immerse themselves in Spanish culture. Most will want to hang out together and eat at McDonalds. But, you’ll find that your time abroad is much more rewarding when you take the time to strike out on your own. Lots of days, after classes, I would just walk to the nearest bus stop and take the bus into town to explore, walk around, breathe in the culture.