Are licence penalty points on a UK licence valid in Spain
Posted: 28 September 2006 06:33 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-09-28

I have moved to Spain and I am due to start work as an HGV driver. I want to know if any points I have on my UK licence valid in Spain

Posted: 11 October 2006 04:55 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-10-11

Sorry cannot answer your question but interested to know how you went about getting a job as an HGV driver in Spain.

Posted: 11 October 2006 12:25 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-09-28

I first went through the lengthy process of getting an ID card called the NIE that takes about forty days. You will also have to apply for a digital tacho card. Iwont get the card before xmass but I have the paper with he stamp on it, they like that here. It allows me to drive till my offical card arrives.

I then went on the net and got a list of all the transport companies in my area and phoned them. Well my wife did as she is Spanish an I only speak basic Spanish at the moment. Basicaly you have to be here they have a shortageof international drivers and as an international driver it is better that you speak English because you spend more time out of Spain when you are working.

If I can help you with any more info just let me know

Terry

Posted: 11 October 2006 12:28 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-09-28

I first went through the lengthy process of getting an ID card called the NIE that takes about forty days. You will also have to apply for a digital tacho card. Iwont get the card before xmass but I have the paper with he stamp on it, they like that here. It allows me to drive till my offical card arrives.

I then went on the net and got a list of all the transport companies in my area and phoned them. Well my wife did as she is Spanish an I only speak basic Spanish at the moment. Basicaly you have to be here they have a shortageof international drivers and as an international driver it is better that you speak English because you spend more time out of Spain when you are working.

If I can help you with any more info just let me know

Terry

Posted: 11 October 2006 04:22 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2006-10-11

Thanks Terry. I will pass on the above info to my husband.  We are in the process of researching our options on the job front in Spain.
Belinda

‹‹ How easy?      Job Offer ››