Student visa questions
Posted: 13 July 2011 10:41 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-01

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows how long an American with a student visa can stay in Spain after my student visa expires? Do I have to leave before it expires or is there some time after the expiration for me to leave?

I am also wondering if I can get my student visa for a few months longer than my actual classes are. I might want to stay and enroll in more classes, and it seems this would be easier to do if I already had a visa long enough to cover than time, rather than trying to extend my visa. Thank you in advance for your responses!

Posted: 13 July 2011 10:51 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

This post might be helpful. http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewthread/5279/

There are a lot of posts and discussions about your situation on the forum. Search around for “extend student visa” 😊

Good luck!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.