Need a gestor - any recommendations?
Posted: 26 May 2007 01:06 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-04-10

I have just accepted a job in San Pedro de Alc?ntara (I think) just down from M?laga and obviously need to jump though the hoops of getting an NIE number.  In addition I will also be working as an Autonomo and so will need to sort out my own tax etc.

As I know when I need help, I currently know that I need a gestor and that as my Spanish is not fluent yet (give me time) that I would prefer a gestor to be able to speak at least a little English to help fill in the blanks.  Can anyone recommend a good gestor in this area?

Thanks
Andy

Posted: 29 May 2007 09:00 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-29
AndyMurphy - 26 May 2007 01:06 AM

I have just accepted a job in San Pedro de Alc?ntara (I think) just down from M?laga and obviously need to jump though the hoops of getting an NIE number.  In addition I will also be working as an Autonomo and so will need to sort out my own tax etc.

As I know when I need help, I currently know that I need a gestor and that as my Spanish is not fluent yet (give me time) that I would prefer a gestor to be able to speak at least a little English to help fill in the blanks.  Can anyone recommend a good gestor in this area?

Thanks
Andy

Dear Andy,

I have read with interest your need for a good reliable gestor who can speak english. It is very unussual for a gestor to speak english as they deal with the everyday life of the spanish in spanish. I?m based in Ayamonte and I work as a personnal assistant and bilingual translator spanish - english. I deal with all sort of situations all the time such as the one you just described. My e mail is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address),  Let me know if I can help you Bye for now. JSJ

Posted: 29 May 2007 11:05 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2007-01-25

Hi Andy,

San Pedro de Alc?ntara is closer to Marbella, but I’m guessing that you are not the first person that has been hired by this company - they probably have someone that they use regularly to take care of the paperwork - have you asked them?

Finding a Gestor in Marbella yourself shouldn’t be a problem as many of them will be fluent in English for dealing with the large ex-pat community there.

Try:-

Anderson & Asociados Abogados
Tel: 952 93 29 97 / 952 93 93 01 Fax: 952 93 49 02

C-International
Tel: 952 858 553

KSI Costa Consulting Group
Tel: 952765899

Regards,
Alan.

Signature 

http://www.cavehomes.com
Amazing Andalucian Properties

Posted: 30 May 2007 09:02 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-04-10

Thanks for both responses they are both very useful.

Xavier, I will definitely keep your details should I find that I need this service, or indeed for if I need an extra contact that could help me with different aspects of Spanish life.

Trogg, cheers for the contacts.  I had avoided contacting my new company too much probably for reasons relating to pride (wanting to sort it out myself).  Stupid I know.  I might just end up sending an e-mail to someone in the Spanish Yellow Pages and bite a little more of the Spanish bullet.  We shall see.
Right, all I need now is a Spanish group of five-a-side players who want an expat on their team and I?ve also sorted out the social side of my life.

Thanks
Andy

Posted: 31 May 2007 12:04 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2007-01-25

Hi Andy,

I think the company might be impressed in your initiative if you approach them for advice - likewise, if you go it alone and screw-up, they won’t be impressed that you didn’t ask them first.  Just my opinion.

Regards,
Alan.

Signature 

http://www.cavehomes.com
Amazing Andalucian Properties

Posted: 31 May 2007 12:06 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-04-10

Don’t worry, I’ve just asked them as I came to the same conclusion but at least I also have a backup plan.