A big hello from us!!
Posted: 27 May 2007 02:31 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-05-27

Hi there Expats!

Just though we’d pop in and say hello 😊

My Name is Neil my Partner is Louise and we have 2 young girls Abigail (3) and Paige (1)

A little about our selves…

Well ATM i’m a pub manager with Weatherspoons. but have done a few other things in my time, An Electrician and i Was in The Navy(submarine service) for 6 years.

Louise is a full time mum ATM but is a vertenary nurse and worked for Lexus as well.

Abi currently doing 4days at per school and Paige just crawls about ATM but is fining her feet…. bless.

We, well Me, Lou and Abi lived in Lanzarote for about 18 months but came back to the UK when we found out we were expecting Paige.

We always said we would move abroad again, and have now decided that the main land is the place for us! In light of that we have just (yesterday) returned from a week away in Benalmadena, at the Holiday Village!! although we have now decided the main land is for us we are still un sure of the location, pretty sure it’s the costa del sol but think we will have to have a few fact finding missions between now and the Big move.

The main reasons for the main land is the job opportunites for both Me and Lou, as we are looking at about 5 years away,  both the Girls will be at school so we can and probably have to work.

I suppose if i were to ask 3 main questions they would be:-

1.  What are the best locations for expats, We dont really want too be too close to the main tourest areas but not miles away from anything.
2.  Rent or Buy?? and who’s the best for which? i.e rental agents and mortgage lenders
3.  Has anybody got any advise for us?

Thanks for reading i know i went on a bit.

Neil.