Prices of New Cars in spain
Posted: 28 May 2007 02:34 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-10-04

Hi

In Ireland we have an on-line guide CBG.ie this site gives you new and second hand prices of cars, also you can buy a mag off the shelves with the price of every car known to man and beast…is there an on-line repository in spain with all manufacturers and prices?

thanks

Posted: 29 May 2007 09:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Do you think the prices and cars in Spain are that much different than in the rest of Europe?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 30 May 2007 11:34 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-10-04

Unfortunately I live in Ireland where cars are subjectd to VRT (Registration Tax) and then when this has been applied at 21%...a further 21% is added in VAT. So all cars are overpriced. So any reduction in a total tax of 42+% ontop of the manufacturers price is a bonus. Do you know if there is such a magazine or website?

Posted: 30 May 2007 11:36 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Actually I don’t, sorry. But I might know someone who does. I’ll check with him.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 30 May 2007 03:39 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Hola, Yes the price of cars does vary around Europe because of different taxation levels. I was speaking to a Dutch neighbour and in Holland there is a 24% tax as a car is seen as a luxury item! OK - sources of new car price info - obviously the net ie Nissan have a great site where you can select the model, options etc and they give you an online quote! There is also a little (ie half A4 size) magazine published which lists all the prices - I cant remember its name exactly (and I have just thrown out all of car mags as I have just bought a new car) but you will see it in magazine shops/kiosks.
On my car with a bottom line price of 25,000 euros - IVA (vat) was 16%, Costs of registering the car and getting the registration etc was 7%.
I got a better deal by selling the old car privately and buying new for cash without trade in. Discounts depend on the model etc ie usually on brand new models there is no discount.
Car sales have slowed a bit so you might get a deal! Remember you need an NIE to buy a car as it is a taxable item. Good luck.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca